• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches, July 4th weekend.

I went over 1701 today. The road is fine. Lots of camping spots. There seems to be about as much snow now as there usually is on memorial weekend. The trails will be wet and snowy. Binder, you should stay out, it's too wet, trail damage will occur and you should on moral grounds support a longer closure.:D:D

Does anyone know where the Bald Mountain Road / FS1701 ends up at?

Bill

It connects to 410 east of Wislin jacks. The other end you can make it to the rocks. Its alot of service road time before you get to the trails. I do remeber a few places that might be camping but I dont know for sure. It was a quick trip thru the area because it was service roads.

I remember that run..... long boring drive. I bet the snow will be deep in the shaded holes up top before the rocks. Remember the snow we ran into two years ago on that road? The only patch? The "what is this?" patch, The deep for the time of year patch? The go like hell patch.

I remember that run..... long boring drive. I bet the snow will be deep in the shaded holes up top before the rocks. Remember the snow we ran into two years ago on that road? The only patch? The "what is this?" patch, The deep for the time of year patch? The go like hell patch.

I remember that trip, it was still a good time! and there is suposed to be alot more snow up there right now then there was then.

The June recreation report has a little more detail on the road closures.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/recreation/report/#naches

ROAD CLOSURES: Recent floods caused extensive damage to the following roads which have been closed to all traffic:
Forest Road No. 1207 is open from Road No. 1207-250 to non-motorized traffic which includes hikers, mountain bikes and horses. The Miriam Creek Bridge was stabilized enough to warrant use by these users.

Little Rattlesnake Road No. 1501 is closed for 5.1 miles from the junction of forest road No. 1500/1501 (T15, R15, Sec 10) to the junction of forest road No. 1501 and forest road No. 1503 (T15, R14, Sec 24)
Dry Ridge Road No. 1601 is closed for 1.5 miles from milepost 0.3 (T15, R15, Sec 30) to the junction of 4 wheel drive trail No. 697 (T16, R14, Sec 25)
Clover Way Road No. 1605 is closed for 3 miles from the junction of forest road No. 1607/1605 (T16, R14, Sec 16) to the junction of forest road No. 1605-244 (T15, R14, Sec 17)
Rock Creek Road No. 1702 is closed for 4.8 miles from milepost 0.3 (T16, R15, Sec 17) to the junction with forest road No. 1720 (T16, R15, Sec 4)
Gold Creek Road No. 1703 is closed for 5.9 miles from State Route 410 (T17, R14, Sec 36) to the end of forest road No. 1703 (T17, R14, Sec 24 junction with Road No. 1705)
Milk Creek Road No. 1708 is closed for 10 miles from the junction of Road No. 1708 and State Route 410 (T17, R14, Sec 9) to the junction with 4 wheel drive trail No. 688 (T17, R15, Sec 5)

The USFS is needing funding bad I doubt they will be opening up any of those closed roads soon. They estimate there was $700,000 flood damage done across the dist.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with the Enumclaw Ranger station. FS 70 is closed 13 miles in. Just short of Government meadows. They have no idea when trails and roads will be open due to snow and flooding. It may be a long Summer.

We were planning on camping on the little naches side where we usually camp... But, I heard a lot of the campsites by the river just below the long meadow are trashed...

It's too bad they just won't say "travel at your own risk" and just leave it alone or try and get some volunteer work parties and let them work on the roads.

Just got off the phone with the Enumclaw Ranger station. FS 70 is closed 13 miles in. Just short of Government meadows. They have no idea when trails and roads will be open due to snow and flooding. It may be a long Summer.

Is there signs at the bottom of fs70 stating this? Would be a real bummer to hit the trail to be denied 13 miles in.

We were planning on camping on the little naches side where we usually camp... But, I heard a lot of the campsites by the river just below the long meadow are trashed...
A lot of the camping along the river is ok . Only a couple places got damage.All though the last time I was in the area was Memorial weekend.Things could've changed since.

So who all is going on the weekend of the 4th? Trying to get a group together.

I plan on leaving here (Arlington) at noon on Friday and taking FS1701 to our normal camping spot....if I can find it from that route. lol

Anyone else in?

I was planning on going but with all the snow its making me think twice since I am totally done with snow wheeling. So I will have to pass Bill, maybe Labor day weekend would be better.