• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches trail, will it fit?

You can order a map of the area from here http://www.yakimacounty.us/sheriff/orv.htm#suggested
or get them in the local stores(whistling jacks, squaw rock) their $10.00

Ok, thanks. I'll get one when I'm there!

Seeing the "sherrif" in that URL made me think: Are there a lot of sherrifs over there patrolling the trails? Our bike are tabbed, trucks for the most part (a cop would have to be a real **** to bother us for what few things are "bad") are street legal, and all that, and we have forest passes, and we don't drink or anything, I'm just curious if there's a lot of Sherrifs/ Rangers over there..

Last edited:
Pokey you have an pictures of this spot you are talking about?
I dont think so and if I do find one ot will be from a while back. I will ask around a bit and see if anyone has one though

Ok, thanks. I'll get one when I'm there!

Seeing the "sherrif" in that URL made me think: Are there a lot of sherrifs over there patrolling the trails? Our bike are tabbed, trucks for the most part (a cop would have to be a real **** to bother us for what few things are "bad") are street legal, and all that, and we have forest passes, and we don't drink or anything, I'm just curious if there's a lot of Sherrifs/ Rangers over there..

Yes, There are the Yakima co. ORV deputys in the area. I wouldnt say a lot of them but usally 2-3 on duty in the area on weekends. They do patrol the roads and trails and its not unusal to see them at funnyrocks. Be legal and drive smart and you "shouldnt" have any problems

The maps at Whistlin' Jack's etc, are they on a plaque, or are they ones you can take with you?

I guess I was looking more for a map of the Naches area. Something that includes things like Raven's Roost (I already know how to get there I think), Funny Rocks, Moon rocks, Lilly Pond etc. Or at least the trails going to them. I know a lot of the names of things over there, but I couldn't even begin to tell you how to get to most of them...
I'll keep looking though.

The nice thing about the maps from the sherrif's office is they are 'coated', making them water resistant--kinda nice if it's drizzling/raining...

The nice thing about the maps from the sherrif's office is they are 'coated', making them water resistant--kinda nice if it's drizzling/raining...
yeh, good thing. since the maps they replaced, used to be free.

how up to date are the new sheriffs maps? last id heard, they werent....

I dont think so and if I do find one ot will be from a while back. I will ask around a bit and see if anyone has one though

Yes, There are the Yakima co. ORV deputys in the area. I wouldnt say a lot of them but usally 2-3 on duty in the area on weekends. They do patrol the roads and trails and its not unusal to see them at funnyrocks. Be legal and drive smart and you "shouldnt" have any problems

Ok, cool. I'm all for having enforcement out on the trails, I just hate it when they put the "bad egg" officer out there...

I hope they don't care about tires sticking out an inch... I think just about everything on my rig is legal except for flares. I have mud flaps that cover the tires, but the flares don't. The tires stick out maybe an inch past the flares, so it really isn't even very bad. A lot of rigs have tires that stick out further than than anyway.

Just got off the phone with my dad they are camped before the cliff jump and have signs up I think our banner is up also.

Just got off the phone with my dad they are camped before the cliff jump and have signs up I think our banner is up also.

Ok cool!
I think we'd like to camp near them, but I don't know that we will wheel with them too. From what I remember you guys wheel kinda slow (it's what happened with big groups...), and stop to talk a lot, haha.
But unless they've all changed their ways, then they will probably just be eating breakfast about the time we get there after doing the Naches trail :fawkdancesmiley:. (ah, we have a couple stories from wheeling with you guys, lol) But, we'll see.

Do you know if they are wheeling Sunday as well, or is Sunday just going to be a pack up/ go home day for them?

EDIT: And when you say " just before the cliff Jump", do you mean before it on the 410 side, or the Naches trail side?

Nachees trail side and I gurantee you would not be able to keep up if you told anyone out there they wheel slow. Might wanna tone that b/s down a little bit. I don't know if you remember bump to pass and tow bar races and all that **** I would just be carefull what I say around certian people about speeds you might gt bumped to pass. Never gage how a group wheels off tahuya its to full of motorcycles and quads to go fast and is really to easy to find a challenge.

Nachees trail side and I gurantee you would not be able to keep up if you told anyone out there they wheel slow. Might wanna tone that b/s down a little bit. I don't know if you remember bump to pass and tow bar races and all that **** I would just be carefull what I say around certian people about speeds you might gt bumped to pass. Never gage how a group wheels off tahuya its to full of motorcycles and quads to go fast and is really to easy to find a challenge.

I guess I wasn't refering to the "speed" they wheel, as much as the amount of time that they spend when the stop (I think we spent 45 minutes or more talking, when we stopped for lunch at Tahuya). I'd rather take 10 minutes or so, and be back on the trails.

But, I just talked to my cousin and his dad is most likely making him stay home and clean the garage for their new-used 4 post lift. So, If I do anything, it will be just the Naches trail, then head home without camping or anything. Or I'll be going to Evans Creek or something.