• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches west

Its been my experience that working with such scofflaws is much more expedient then going through the prosecution headaches.(when possible). It doesn't really matter if you feel that they don't represent you because in the real world we all get painted with the same brush regardless of the reality. In some aspects use doesn't reflect damage but once again it doesn't really matter what we think its what those in charge think. As much as I enjoy trying to keep trails open its people with attitudes like yours that keep getting things closed. Working with the powers that are in "charge" and sometimes against them in the proper way is the only way we have what we have now. Compare what we have with just about any other state and you will see we have much more use of our public lands. Hate to tell you but its from being involved and working the system for our benefit.

It does matter that these people don't represent me. That's one of the big failures of your groups. The FS and other enviro groups have got you to believe that illegal mudders represent you. You believe this and pass it along. They got you doing their dirty work of lumping us all together. If a guy shoots a cop, do you believe this represents all gun owners? Gun groups don't support this notion.
People with my attitude have not caused a single trail to be closed. The seasonal closure started because of "resource damage" and people going off trail (which I don't support). So how did my attitude spawn a seasonal closure? Prior to the seasonal closure my beliefs aligned with the law so how did that result in a closure?
I appreciate your efforts to keep trails open but all your doing is slowing the rate of closure. Your also helpful to the FS because when they do something (seasonal closure) they get your rubber stamp of approval. If the enviro FS want it closed it will happen. It used to be that woodsmen went into the FS, now people with biology degrees who want to save the world from people are running the show. Take the Quilomene for example, there wasn't enough "resource damage" to close the area so they came up with the reason of protecting wintering elk. They did a study and found it made no difference but kept the closure in place anyways. That is what your fighting your losing battle against. So in light of this, I choose not to follow all the rules. Public land is there for use (not abuse). Mother Nature is there to be touched.

It does matter that these people don't represent me. That's one of the big failures of your groups. The FS and other enviro groups have got you to believe that illegal mudders represent you. You believe this and pass it along. They got you doing their dirty work of lumping us all together. If a guy shoots a cop, do you believe this represents all gun owners? Gun groups don't support this notion.
People with my attitude have not caused a single trail to be closed. The seasonal closure started because of "resource damage" and people going off trail (which I don't support). So how did my attitude spawn a seasonal closure? Prior to the seasonal closure my beliefs aligned with the law so how did that result in a closure?
I appreciate your efforts to keep trails open but all your doing is slowing the rate of closure. Your also helpful to the FS because when they do something (seasonal closure) they get your rubber stamp of approval. If the enviro FS want it closed it will happen. It used to be that woodsmen went into the FS, now people with biology degrees who want to save the world from people are running the show. Take the Quilomene for example, there wasn't enough "resource damage" to close the area so they came up with the reason of protecting wintering elk. They did a study and found it made no difference but kept the closure in place anyways. That is what your fighting your losing battle against. So in light of this, I choose not to follow all the rules. Public land is there for use (not abuse). Mother Nature is there to be touched.

You need a name change to clueless in CLE ELUM because you don't have a clue as to what's really going on or what "we" do:rolleyes:

You need a name change to clueless in CLE ELUM because you don't have a clue as to what's really going on or what "we" do:rolleyes:

So how much net trail/road miles has your group added to federal and state land in the last 40 years? How many miles of road has been lost in that same time? I know your group hasn't stopped the loss of our trails/roads, possibly only slowed the progress. I know I may be clueless :rolleyes: but losing doesn't sound like a productive use of time or very successful. Arguing on the intard net is a much better. :redneck:

Pokey why don't you just let the FS do their own job?

For one their not competent to do what needs to be done because they are grossly underfunded and its easier for them to just close it up then actually deal with the issue. And close it they will.

So how much net trail/road miles has your group added to federal and state land in the last 40 years? How many miles of road has been lost in that same time? I know your group hasn't stopped the loss of our trails/roads, possibly only slowed the progress. I know I may be clueless :rolleyes: but losing doesn't sound like a productive use of time or very successful. Arguing on the intard net is a much better. :redneck:
So tell me of one single legal sanctioned trail that has been lost. The only and I mean ONLY reason we have any legal trails in this state is due to the efforts of the pnw4wda and its members. Prove me wrong if you think you can.

I don't understand why there seems to be so much dislike of pnw4wda and Pokey's efforts? I can appreciate any effort anyone makes to keep our trails open (internet bitching doesn't count as effort :flipoff:). It is sad that offroaders cant come together, we could have so much more. Other groups have proven this. Of coarse everything I just said is pointless and has been said before. There is a lot of stupid within the 'wheeling community'. We will be wheeling in circles in pay to play parks before long, I suspect. There is no excuse for tearing up meadows and I personally hope who ever did that gets there ass busted.
whatthe? has a good point about the people that do those kinds of things though. They shouldnt be seen as part of the wheeling community, but as vandals. Thats my two cents.

I don't understand why there seems to be so much dislike of pnw4wda and Pokey's efforts? I can appreciate any effort anyone makes to keep our trails open (internet bitching doesn't count as effort :flipoff:). It is sad that offroaders cant come together, we could have so much more. Other groups have proven this. Of coarse everything I just said is pointless and has been said before. There is a lot of stupid within the 'wheeling community'. We will be wheeling in circles in pay to play parks before long, I suspect. There is no excuse for tearing up meadows and I personally hope who ever did that gets there ass busted.
whatthe? has a good point about the people that do those kinds of things though. They shouldnt be seen as part of the wheeling community, but as vandals. Thats my two cents.

Thank you. We do our best to make sure that the powers that be understand that we don't condone that kind of activity. Unfortunately there are a lot more better funded people out there working everyday to make sure motorized used is exterminated from the woods. Its an uphill battle every single day just to keep what we have open. Just for an example. Bumping lake. There is a large effort to double the size of the bumping lake reservoir effectively cutting off all access to the area above. We just reopened the copper city trail above there and repairing the roads in the area after flooding cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and years of work. If the reservoir people are successful all will be lost :mad:

Speaking of arguing on the intertard that's the only place I see you at all.

I mostly ride on two wheels and you're too old to do so.:redneck: I was up tuesday and friday and last weekend in my jeep. Where were you? Maybe you should get out in the woods more.

Seems any and everything gets ****ed when politics run it. **** the politicians and the organisations "in charge". They have not represented my interests for a long time.

I saw a thing on the news about a kayak festible. It is being held on state land. The event is free but the state is charging $10 for event parking. IT'S MOTHERFUCKING PUBLIC LAND. WE THE PUBLIC ALREADY OWN IT AND HAVE PAID FOR ITS USE THROUGH TAXES!

The motherfckers in charge don't represent me. And the dicks that tore up that meadow needs their pecker smashed in with a sledge hammer because that **** was just uncalled for.

I appreciate the efforts of organisation's and individuals that put in time for the greater good, but like I said, the politicians have ruined the processes and their chance to represent me. **** them and their politics and any seasonal closures.

I mostly ride on two wheels and you're too old to do so.:redneck: I was up tuesday and friday and last weekend in my jeep. Where were you? Maybe you should get out in the woods more.

Let's see... On Tuesday I was up around the westside Naches most of the day and last weekend up at the copper city site so yea I get out.. :awesomework:

I find this argument that "whatthe" is pushing to be ironic due to the fact that it reinforces "pokey's" point. How are we supposed to organize to carry out our agenda when we waste all our time bickering with each other, or being cheap, fat, and lazy!

Pokey, thanks for fighting the good fight!

So tell me of one single legal sanctioned trail that has been lost. The only and I mean ONLY reason we have any legal trails in this state is due to the efforts of the pnw4wda and its members. Prove me wrong if you think you can.

The obvious answer is all the trails in manastash/naches and liberty are lost every spring due to the seasonal closure. Your question then begs the question that started this whole conversation. I assume by your question that you believe that no trails have been lost. So I ask you, name one legal sanctioned trail that has been lost because of people with an attitude like mine?