• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

narrowing a dana 60 front and 70 rear

outhouse

I need my 60 front narrowed to 61 1/2 inches and my 70 rear to 60 inches if any one can do it or hook me up with someone that can do it let me know. thanks,

briejer, have you ever had it done? what kind of price ranges? im contemplating a similar thing but am trying to figure out if i can do it my self, but if i can get it done for relatively inexpensivly.

post up who you decide to go with because I'm gonna need my 60 front narrowed also...
If you wanna try a do-it-yourself project, I'm game to give it a whirl. I seem to have all the "stuff" to do it with.

What about the rear? I'd need to get alignment pucks cut, and then we'd be in bidniz.

If you wanna try a do-it-yourself project, I'm game to give it a whirl. I seem to have all the "stuff" to do it with.

What about the rear? I'd need to get alignment pucks cut, and then we'd be in bidniz.

Alignment pucks for a front

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH--thats funny.

60's are a bitch--I have never ever done one :haha: :haha: :haha: (the C's are a very tight mofo compared to a 44 :haha: )

60's are a bitch--I have never ever done one :haha: :haha: :haha: (the C's are a very tight mofo compared to a 44 :haha: )
I would probly use the trick where you lop off the end of the axle and then use a saw or a torch to cut the remaining tube out of the C. Then set the C in the oven at 9000 degrees so it will slip back on. And then maybe I would fail, oh well :flipoff:

im game glen :cool:
Do you have a carrier bearing race for the 70? I will need one to duplicate for the pucks.

And I think I only want to try this if you're going semi-float in the rear...

We'll need a measurement from the bearing ends you'll be using for a puck there as well.

And then we can see how much it'll cost to get 'em cut.

x 18 brazillion......

those C's are a real bastard (if you're trying to remove them w/o cutting the tube off)