• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need a big woodstove.. Where to look?

jrhall

Rock bouncing mud whomper
Bout the biggest woodstove I can find for my dad for fathers day.. DOnt have to have it this week or next or month.... Just need to know where to look.
This is for our cabin at my farm for the winter time. Prolly be heating around 1200 square feet 2-story cabin. Propane gets expensive and would like to go this route...
Will be piped out into our chimney. Would like info on how big of a unit we need. WOuld like to have one that we only have to feed every 4-5 hours if at all possible. If ya
need any other useless information, just ask. :flipoff1:
Any info would be much appreciated.

does it have to be new? i have a large air tight one. we used 1/2 season. we where trying to heat 2400 square feet with 16' ceiling. it would not handle that. finally got a outside boiler and that worked. if you like i will check what brand and the model.

I want an old school Franklin stove bad.

John G., do you have fire pits also? Plan to add a gas or gas/wood combo to the patio this fall.

A unit similar to this is what I had in mind. Except with legs to get out off the ground.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jrhall said:
A unit similar to this is what I had in mind. Except with legs to get out off the ground.

Check into one that is pellet fed. No wood necessary and can keep burning as long as you want. thumb.gif

CHASMAN9 said:
Check into one that is pellet fed. No wood necessary and can keep burning as long as you want. thumb.gif

I heated with as pellet stove for three years. Not a good deal IMO, I do have one in stock though. Last one I sold was to a guy on Pirate, $500 and it retailed for $2,600. Just not much call for them.

If you live there all winter long an outside wood boiler is the way to go. I built mine to hold 350 gal's of water and the firebox is 30"dia x 46" deep. Heats hot water also. Have about a grand in mine but I had alot of the steel. This one way bigger than you'll need. A little welding skill and your house and garage be toasty.