• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need front driveshaft

Woods5

Was wondering what kind of driveshaft I needed. Have a dana 60. And it had a slip yoke and it's wore out. Has ton of play in it and it isn't going too last long. Just need too know what I need and where too get it.

that's a VERY open ended question....

what size u joint?
type of yoke? (u bolt, flange, strap?)
What diameter, spline, length, etc is the slip yoke?
diameter of the driveshaft tube?

Your best bet is to take it to a drive line shop somewhere nearby.

this place is a good online source for parts if you can figure out what you need http://www.northerndrivetrain.com/

See you are from cookville. And I am right down the road from you. The closest driveline shop I can find is in cookville called nicks driveline? Ever heard of them before?
TBItoy said:
that's a VERY open ended question....

what size u joint?
type of yoke? (u bolt, flange, strap?)
What diameter, spline, length, etc is the slip yoke?
diameter of the driveshaft tube?

Your best bet is to take it to a drive line shop somewhere nearby.

this place is a good online source for parts if you can figure out what you need http://www.northerndrivetrain.com/

Woods5 said:
See you are from cookville. And I am right down the road from you. The closest driveline shop I can find is in cookville called nicks driveline? Ever heard of them before?

I don't think Nick's is open anymore, and even if he is, don't go there. You'd be way better off figuring out what you need on your own than even messing with that guy.

Okay well I guess I won't go there lol. But all that is really wrong with mine is where the slip yoke slides up in the shaft is wore out you can move it up down side too side with no effort at all

TBItoy said:
I don't think Nick's is open anymore, and even if he is, don't go there. You'd be way better off figuring out what you need on your own than even messing with that guy.

Mine does tha same thing. Along with loose pinion bearing! I may be wrong but I think they build some kind of rebuild kit for the inside, or bushing kit, or maybe I was way gone that night I was researching it. I did get my rear shaft from Jesse and California at High Angle driveline or whatever the hell that time of the place is. If you feel like spending 900 buks have at it. Sorry to hijack thread but has anyone else had the joy of purchasing a shift from Jesse? Just was wondering how your experience was. Anyways back to your front shaft, unlike you I was kind of hoping for a alternative other than custom drive shaft until I can afford one. Gears first for me. Every time I take my rig out all I can think about is that Pinion bearing.

Thanks might holler at Chattanooga driveline. Anybody else used or heard of them?
TheViking said:
You can try Chattanooga Driveline or Hudlow Axel kinda a drive for you but maybe worth it.

Yes I have but Hudlow maybe cheaper I'm planning on using Hudlow for the front drive shafts double cardigan. Its two blocks across the state line and five to ten blocks from Chatt Driveline.

Another vote for Carolina Driveline. http://www.carolinadriveline.com/

They are affordable, will build to your spec, and I believe the longest I've ever waited was about 4 days. Got a front driveshaft from them and bent it on the first trip out. Sent it back and they used .250 wall on the tube and sent it back --no charge-- still got it.

Steve Hudlow can do anything you want a lot of people ship stuff to him for repairs

you can order the male and female slip yoke you nee to know the I.D. of your tube and other dimensions { length,spline count} if you know someone with a lathe you can chuck up on the male behind the splines and part it off then you can get your I.D.