• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need Help with Motivation... KOTH entrants Holla!!

P

If its free, its P
I dont really have alot to do , more preventive maintenance than anything. Just need to get motivated to clean the buggy up and get the upper link out to inspect that JJ that had a come apart.

So here it is, what all do YOU have to do to get ready for the KOTH race next weekend.

My list is pretty straight forward.

Get the JJ put back together, figure out why it came apart.

Clean clean clean, its still muddy from the riding this weekend, has a cooler with and misc tools on the back.. its blaaaaah and sad lookin in the garage right now.

Grease Grease Grease. Two weekends of back to back riding, I need to go over everything and check fluids tighten bolts, inspect lube yada yada yada...

Decide what air PSI Im going to run it at ... laughing1

I prefer mine to be just slightly used... that way I know they will work when Im going to need them . laughing1

All I really have to do is put some locktight on bolts in my front diff cover - cant keep the lower ones form backing out for some reason.

Need to purchase a new drag link - one of these swanky AL ones that have become so popular. Have several calls in for one but nothing on order yet.

J.A.B said:
All I really have to do is put some locktight on bolts in my front diff cover - cant keep the lower ones form backing out for some reason.

Need to purchase a new drag link - one of these swanky AL ones that have become so popular. Have several calls in for one but nothing on order yet.

Let me know 2 things you find out on that...

1. What you paid for it :flipoff1:

2. How you are attaching your ram's end to it. I have seen the clamped over steel adapters on alot of ballin ass rigs, what do those things run and who sells them , are the Tierods machined to keep it from slipping ??? Are people doing tig welded tabs to bolt it to the end of thier ram ?

The same thoughts I am having - I figured I could order one machined and have them tig an ear on for the ram but don't know. The clamp deal just seems a little under done to me.

I have called and left message at Blue Torch - no return call yet.... and Branik yesterday but no answer - must have already been closed.

Will let you know what I find out

Wrong race ****stick..

its KING OF THE HILL in huntsville... like, next weekend...

not King of the Hammers 6 months from now thats getting beat into the ground all over the interweb. :flipoff1:

KOH should be KOTH too....lasy year i was referring to KOH as KOTH and yall were talking about both of them as KOH...where's the towlie smiley... :imsoconfused:

sorry fag....my bad....now get back to gaying up the world :flipoff1:

J.A.B said:
The same thoughts I am having - I figured I could order one machined and have them tig an ear on for the ram but don't know. The clamp deal just seems a little under done to me.

I have called and left message at Blue Torch - no return call yet.... and Branik yesterday but no answer - must have already been closed.

Will let you know what I find out

Ballistic Fab is where I have bought the ones I used for other stuff. Passenger t-bar, GPS mount, and a soon to be removeable sparetire carrier, etc.
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/OD-Tube-Clamp_p_21-1474.html

You can not weld to 7075, it will not work. That is why the clamps have been used. Sorry not a metalurgist, just know everyone has told me "NO" .

Mine on the rear axle, you can see how the tierod is machined down for the clamp. No way for the clamp to slide back. And then the clamp is then tabbed for the RAM, and tabbed to the knuckle to keep the whole assemble from rolling over.
IMG_3090.jpg

And here mine are on the front axle.
IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

Thanks man - nothing is ever an easy fix. With the set up I have ( single ended old farm ram ) it looks like it may be just as cost effective to go with a high steer set up. I would have to get the link machined somewhere around the middle to allow the bolt on clamp due to clearance issues.

Just can't have nice things - laughing1

DUH me... thanks wyatt for pointing out the obvious.

JAB, nothing is cheap or easy man, nothing. Ill continue to rock my rubbed out tierod :flipgotcha:

I just gotta ask - InDaShop - if that is a car in the background of the first pic that sum bitch is slammed- :afro: