• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need help with motor 22re

ICEHAWK

I blow my motor in truck and do not know what i did to it. I have pulled the valve cover and it looks all good. Then a pulled theoil pan and looks good.Today I found metal in the oil pan and no spun bearing that I could see.

What can it be. Please help

Need more info. It could be lots of things, Broken timing chain, Shatred piston rings, need more info to web-diagnose.

The "metal" in the pan could be broken timing chain guides.

Yeah the guides could have been broken for some time and your timing chain slapped the cover and wore grooves into it. Just happens that those grooves will allow coolant to flow into the oil pan. Get a flashlight and look down the timing chain you may find your problem there. Common problem if not caught right away. Good Luck

Just like he blows goats. I have proof. :flipoff:

On a more serious note. I don't think it is his motor at all. There has to be something else problematic. Like perhaps a crappy motor mount? That was broken when we were at Reiter last. Did 'ja get that fixed?

nah I heard the engine OVER THE PHONE and it sounded like a freakin MACHINE GUN, bangin and clankin, I told him to pull the valve cover and look down the guides, but I dont know if he did that...

if the chain broke the engine wouldnt run at all!!! no valve operation.

sounded more like rings/piston/broken/bent rod type of noise

spidertoy said:
nah I heard the engine OVER THE PHONE and it sounded like a freakin MACHINE GUN, bangin and clankin, I told him to pull the valve cover and look down the guides, but I dont know if he did that...

Spun bearing?

Wrist pin goes out in those toyota motors. I have had to in my life time that have gone bad.If you dont know what that is it is a pin that connects the rod to the piston.

Brian H said:
Wrist pin goes out in those toyota motors. I have had to in my life time that have gone bad.If you dont know what that is it is a pin that connects the rod to the piston.

Actually its the wrist pin bushings that go--those motors are a floating pin...

spidertoy said:

I will check after work. I pulled one sparkpiug wire at a time and it did not go away. My book said thatitwould. if it was the in the block.thetimeing chain look good. but I need to check the guides andsee.

ICEHAWK said:
I will check after work. I pulled one sparkpiug wire at a time and it did not go away. My book said thatitwould. if it was the in the block.thetimeing chain look good. but I need to check the guides andsee.

Patric PM me your # so I can put it into my phone and give ya a jingle back--since I am back from vacation :mad:

Brian H said:

they will still run for a while with a knock, took my friend parry almost an hour of 5000-6000 rpm underneath the powerlines to lock his up :D i say beat it till it actually blows. then get a junkyard engine.

Dont try to just throw another bering in. It will last about 12 seconds:clappy: ask me I tell ya' I was cheap and 17 once:clappy:

TB-F said:
Dont try to just throw another bering in. It will last about 12 seconds:clappy: ask me I tell ya' I was cheap and 17 once:clappy:

last time I checked Im 10 years older then that.I have done this before and had the crank polished. I have done con. rod bearing before. |I just never spon thebearing before. I just put the rod threw the block :flipoff: :clappy: