• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need part for tube notcher

bradzuki

This is the adapter that holds the hole saw and threads on to the shaft the drill attaches to.
The threads that hold the hole saw (outside threads) are gone. Need a new one. Know where to get something like this?

Thanks

IMAG0649.jpg

Fastenal has them. They are cheap enough I buy one every time i get a new holesaw. They are always a pain for me to get broke loose.

Thanks for the quick responses. Ran over to Fastenal and got me a new "arbor adapter".
At least I know what it's called now. :dblthumb:

I stripped mine as well and needed to keep working so I tack welded the hole saw to it in four small places , works like a champ

We thought about it but we go through several hole saws, didn't want to get stuck needing to change out. Luckily we've got a new one and I picked up a spare too.

Speaking of which......

What brand hole saws are you using and how many notches are you getting out of them?

I had a lot of problems stripping out Lenox hole saws and I think that caused the adapter to strip. Since then, I swapped to Milwaukee saws and haven't stripped a saw or adapter. The teeth on the Milwaukee hole saw seems to hold up better also.

Ok so I'm glad it's not just me. We've had a helluva time with Lenox saws.

I was blaming it on Adam cutting too fast but he swears it's the saws. Last job we used 5 of them @ $15 each---not good for bottom line.

I had better luck running the saw as fast as it would go. Going to slow would let the saw bite to much and made them strip more often. I run my Milwaukee saws at full speed and haven't stripped one yet. To me, the amount of pressure you put on the saw is more important than the speed.

Milwaukee works the best for me, if using cutting oil you can make 100 notches I would say, but it's also messy and needs good
Cleaning before you weld it cuz of the oil, without
Cutting oil id expect 50-75 notches depending how you run it, smooth and steady works
For me, pushing hard and grabbin is faster but tears
Em up

Damn all I use is Lenox. Never had an issue and I thought the life was good. I'm gonna try the Milwaukee ones now to see.

Latest posts