• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need PCM reflash...where to go?

leadfoot067

my 04 has had a couple issues since i got it.finally dug into it deep enough to get a p1602 code,the way i understand it somebody changed the PCM,and didnt have it reflashed to the truck..am i correct? if i am where do i get this done?

For shits and giggles. Disconnect the battery and unplug the PCM then reconnect. Typically/ or from what I have seen, a P1602 is a no start problem.

Its hard to say what is exactly wrong without the vehicle in front of me. But lets say it needed to be reflashed. Our shop should be able to do it as well as many other independent shops and of course the dealer. You may be better off letting a shop have it for an hour and go from there.

Dealership unless you can find someone with the correct scan tool that can do it. Most can't. I'm trying to convince my lead tech he needs to buy one :redneck:

Dealership unless you can find someone with the correct scan tool that can do it. Most can't. I'm trying to convince my lead tech he needs to buy one :redneck:

We have a Verus and a Pass-thru. I figured most shops were investing in this.

For shits and giggles. Disconnect the battery and unplug the PCM then reconnect. Typically/ or from what I have seen, a P1602 is a no start problem.

Its hard to say what is exactly wrong without the vehicle in front of me. But lets say it needed to be reflashed. Our shop should be able to do it as well as many other independent shops and of course the dealer. You may be better off letting a shop have it for an hour and go from there.

ill try that and see what happens...so your shop has the stuff to do it,how much does it cost?