• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need some advice on whether or not to get air shocks for my rig

You are likely to have some pretty bad body roll with the shocks mounted straight up like that. You want to angle them in (/\) toward the center 10 degrees or so.

Re:

We'll guess time will tell. I had spoken to the guys at krptonight kustomes they were telling we to mount the shocks as high ad I could and as vertical as icould get it as well.this was my target
I have seen a lot of rigs with parallel mounting shock placement.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

going to test is out thanksgiving weekend at superlift. I have got to put more oil in the rear shocks. Going to do that Friday. Overall very pleased with the way it turned out. I also will be putting my bumpstops on Friday when my cans come in and a front center limiter strap on as well. Its been a fun project

rrcolvin1 said:
going to test is out thanksgiving weekend at superlift. I have got to put more oil in the rear shocks. Going to do that Friday. Overall very pleased with the way it turned out. I also will be putting my bumpstops on Friday when my cans come in and a front center limiter strap on as well. Its been a fun project

Hell yeah, looks good man!

I don't know about the whole less body roll if they are mounted more like / \ than more vertical. My shocks are mounted like / \ and people told me it wouldn't have as much body roll if the shocks were mounted more upright....and that makes more sense to me.

It'll take some tweaking, but I'm sure you'll get it tuned in pretty good!

Re:

Thanks. I think It is going to be just fine. Will post report when I get back from thanksgiving ride

Re:

I could have went quite a bit higher with the fork lift nothing was binding was by myself and would have hated to turn it over lol

Re:

Sorry. Yea. Going to post some new pictures. I did end up and relocate my rear upper brackets. The tires did not hit my shocks but was very close. The way I have it now will not have any clearance issues. I also had to cut part of my upper control arm bracket to give me more clearance for my drive shaft. By settings it up the way I did with such a low ride height my driveshaft hit my bracket when we went riding at superlift. Nothing a torch could not fix. Lol other than that little setback I really like them.

Re:

rrcolvin1 said:
Sorry. Yea. Going to post some new pictures. I did end up and relocate my rear upper brackets. The tires did not hit my shocks but was very close. The way I have it now will not have any clearance issues. I also had to cut part of my upper control arm bracket to give me more clearance for my drive shaft. By settings it up the way I did with such a low ride height my driveshaft hit my bracket when we went riding at superlift. Nothing a torch could not fix. Lol other than that little setback I really like them.

Yep, it always seems nothing ever works out like it would in a perfect world. Glad you like them, great to hear. Looking forward to pics!

:drinkers:

Latest posts