• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need some general information about Louisville, KY area

knaffie

I'm going to be moving there in a few weeks. I'm trying to figure out where is a good place to live / not to live. I've never been there and I'm trying to avoid a trip down there just to look around.

Planning to rent an apartment / house / condo for a year or more. We need to be in a safe, nicer neighborhood. Easy access to sidewalks and bike trials as well as stores nearby would be very helpful (my wife doesn't have a car). I don't want to have to fight for parking space, especially with my huge dmax, so I assume nothing near the college (?).

How congested does the bridge get? I'm going to be working in Jeffersonville, IN, so if the bridge gets crazy backed up, I might want to avoid living in Louisville.

Any help is appreciated.

Right now bridge traffic is crazy due to the construction of two more Ohio river bridges. They are supposed to be complete sometime in 2016. After that, it's not too bad as long as there are no accidents.

As far as locations too live, east side of louisville is generally a little nicer and upscale. Of course it's all a matter of opinion. I live about 20 miles southeast of downtown and love it. Got a little country life but not far from the city. It would be a drive for you if you are going to be working in jeffersonville. Clarksville Indiana is nice and there are all the stores and necessities anyone can ask for. Floyds knobs, IN is a very nice area that's on the Indiana side. It's a little out of my price range tho. Don't know how much this helps but should give you a start.

That helps, thanks! I was looking some this morning and Clarksville looks pretty good. There a nice apartment complex right near where I'll be working.

Check out Moab offroad there in town great shop and super great owner Max for all your offroad needs

I'm thinking about riding down there for the street rod nationals at the end of the month, where is some good places to eat?

Having a place nearby that can do work on my buggy would be awesome. That's usually a big issue for me. The garages I rent are usually only 1 car, which means I can't even pull an axleshaft.

Moab can hook you up on any of your offroad needs. From mild to wild, they can take care of you. A bunch of great folks right there.

As far as eateries goes, it's all about how much you wanna spend. Want a $50 steak, Ruth's Chris or Pat's Steak House. Seafood: Mike Linnings or Joe's crab shack. There are a number of nice restaurants and night spots downtown. Check out 4th Street Live. Cool clubs and some nice restaurants. The Highlands area has a number of great restaurant and eclectic establishments. All of these places are within a 30 minute drive from the fairgrounds where the Street Rod Nats are held.

Oshea's Pub- Bardstown Road
Garage Bar- Market Street
Captains Quarters- River Road
Cunninghams on the River-River Road down the street from CQ
Napa River Grill East End of Louisvile
Jeff Ruby's- Main Street
Eddie Merlots-4th Street
Doc Crows- 2nd street

There are Tons of pizza joints in town too. Spenellis, Impellizzeri's, Zaas, Wicks are a couple i can think of. Bardstown Road would keep you busy for a night. There are a few places in New Albany Indiana as well. New Albanian comes to mind, craft beer and great pizza.

Not too far North of Jeffersonville you will have Sunfire Offroad too. I have nothing but good to say about them.

I vote for renting before you buy. You have a lot of options on the KY and Indiana side. A small town somewhat close by named Madison, Indiana is pretty nice place.

When you get all settled in, send me a PM. We have a decent place to wheel that is about 1 hour west of Jeffersonville. (Lynnville, Indiana)

Re:

When I was down there for the off road expo we went to bass pro in Clarksville Indiana Friday night about 6 and it took like 25 mins to go 7 miles across the bridge. But there was a lot of construction in that area

yep traffic is crazy everywhere associated with 65 because of bridge construction... decent places in Clarksville or Jeffersonville either one, you will be saving yourself a lot of headache if you work in Indiana just eliminating the bridge... wish I could lol
same here on the local wheeling spots, got a couple nearby that are private and pretty decent. x3 on moab offroad... I am about 15 minutes north of Louisville, shoot me a pm if you need anything while your here. good luck!

Re: Re: need some general information about Louisville, KY area

Thanks for the info everyone. Wife was looking forward to living in downtown Louisville since it looked close, but she works at home. I'm not fighting that traffic.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk