• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need some trailer work in Middle, TN

ridered3

Not Rigless
So a few weeks ago I bought a "gently used," 16 foot car trailer as pictured here:

IMG_1292.jpg

Trailer is solid as can be, but it has some character to say the least. As it sits, it has all new wiring, lights, and trailer tires. First weekend I had it did a 400 miles round trip with it and a heavy ZJ. Trailer deck width is 77 inches and as the picture shows, the fenders are not attached.

I am wanting to add about 4 inches of width to each side of the trailer to make the deck width be around 85 inches, have drive over fenders, and protect the trailer lights. Figured I had two options to add width. Option 1) is to run tubing as fenders and the added width too. Option 2) Use angle iron and metal plate for fenders and width.

Here is a "drawing" of what I'm thinking in my head. Not very good with the MS Paint program for this stuff.

TrailerIdea.png

Here's where ya'll come in. Since I recently moved to the area south of Franklin, I don't really know many folks around here for metal work other than the established offroad shops. Can ya'll recommend me someone to get in touch with to work on this trailer for me?

Re: Re: Need some trailer work in Middle, TN

Middle tn trailer off nolensville rd

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My factory built larimore "car hauler special" has 12x1" channel added to the outside for added width and drive over fenders.

That would be simple and cheap to add to that trailer.

Yeah thats what i did for mine. Jusy need any friend with a welder and buy the metal

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TBItoy said:
My factory built larimore "car hauler special" has 12x1" channel added to the outside for added width and drive over fenders.

That would be simple and cheap to add to that trailer.

Yeah I looked at that setup at the Pickett ride and really liked it for simplicity and looks sake.

Billcow said:
EOR can hook you up. They are a full fab and welding shop

Yeah I figured I'd check with them, but didn't know if they'd have time for such little work while building everything that they do.

youngbuk said:
Call custom 931 381 5466

Custom Tint and Offroad in Columbia correct?

I'm looking for quotes on this work but don't mind taking it to a shop or to a guys garage shop.

Just make som more recommendations.

The Luke said:
Are you calling my zj fat?

Not fat, just big boned.

ridered3 said:
Custom Tint and Offroad in Columbia correct?

I'm looking for quotes on this work but don't mind taking it to a shop or to a guys garage shop.

Just make som more recommendations.
Yep

Not fat, just big boned.

Thanks for all the info. Will let my fingers doi the walking and make some calls after the holidays. May have to have a little no-budget trailer build thread.

ridered3 said:
Thanks for all the info. Will let my fingers doi the walking and make some calls after the holidays. May have to have a little no-budget trailer build thread.

Buddy, if you own a sawzall, grinder, and welder, there aint nothing that can't be done. Don't even really need a welder. 3 batteries, couple sets of jumper cables and a stack of coat hangers! :****:

I thought about going that route. Just not much free time. Plus knowing my "welds" nothing would stick to it for too long. :****:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Need some trailer work in Middle, TN

grcthird said:
Depends if you are in the driver's seat or not. :flipoff1:

That was a low blow sir, a low blow.

Latest posts