• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new backhalf

tonyt

got bored.

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

1 week and a day after. only part of 4days of actual work. along with a coors light or 2. still have sidepanels to build and a few little details to finish up.

newbackhalf1.jpg

newbackhalf2.jpg

newbackhalf3.jpg

newbackhalf4.jpg

newbackhalf5.jpg

newbackhalf6.jpg

newbackhalf7.jpg

newbackhalf8.jpg

Just a joke but you could hang a disco ball from the piece of tubing hanging down in the center.... Nice work and quick!

good job T.T. let us know the next time ya'll go ridin, i'll see if i can get my crew to go. had a blast today ridin with ya'll Tennesseean's . :****:

thanks guys, I'm really happy with how it turned out. lots more storage than I had before. we were gonna build a rack for the back even, but I don't think I'm gonna need it. cooler fits perfect, room for tools, and I think I've even got room to get my bazooka speaker in there.

sits about 2inches lower in the back than it did before.

gotta work on a few details, mostly getting some panels put on it. still gotta pickup some 2inch travel bumps for the front.

junktrader said:
good job T.T. let us know the next time ya'll go ridin, i'll see if i can get my crew to go. had a blast today ridin with ya'll Tennesseean's . :****:

sounds like a plan! hopefully next time I can spend more time riding, and less time putting coolant into my junk.

kinda sorta got panels mocked up for driver side. gonna split it up in either 2 or 3 panels

any suggestions on thickness of material to use. pretty sure I wanna do aluminum? preferences on attaching the panels, tabs or just riveted to tubework??

cardboard1.jpg

cardboard2.jpg

cardboard3.jpg

Make or buy some tabs for sure. I made my own. They are not the nicest in the world, but I tapped all of them, and used small hex bolts. I also used 20 gage aluminum. I think it's ok, but it is really easy to screw up. Running them on the sides like that, there gonna get beat on, so I would use a thicker material. :dblthumb:

WHAT................even with using self tapping screws you should have at least let him put a SMALL HOLE in them ???

think I'm gonna pickup some 1/8inch aluminum sheets the first week of november.