• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New "Bridge" at Golden Mountain

Mr. leafspring said:
I kno every place is flat on PC screen ... ive never been to park but it looks like a perfect place to [NOT] have a bridge ???

Come check out the park and then you can judge for your self.

halcat said:
You fellows may not realize just how much of golden mountain Steve can take credit for. Him and evil X designed and cut half the trails up there and most of the good ones. His mind never stops looking for a tough trail. And yes he had a lot of good help. Oh yeh, stevo is a dandy. Since I met Steve, I now have a $50,000 rock crawler, bought his $20,000. Boat, bought a $300,000.00 motor home, just purchased an $80,000.00 cruiser boat for our trips to Florida. I sure hope he don't get ant more hobbies .

I must be fortunate because I have only had to buy a new chainsaw since he drove over my old one while we were cutting the Satan trail. But then again it was my fault for setting it down unprotected and where he couldn't see it on a freshly cut trail. ;D

Mr. leafspring said:
I kno every place is flat on PC screen ... ive never been to park but it looks like a perfect place to [NOT] have a bridge ??? booyang booyang

There is plenty of gnarly stuff to do in the park but that spot would be unclimbable by 99.9% of rigs without the bridge. It allows rigs to drive through the most scenic place in the park.

xjmarc said:
Now if I could figure out how to get to it in those tight as turns without having to backup 20 times. Last time I was there it was wet and several had to winch up it because they would slide sideways.

Rear steer :woot:

Mr. leafspring said:
I kno every place is flat on PC screen ... ive never been to park but it looks like a perfect place to [NOT] have a bridge ??? booyang booyang
To the left of that pic is where the problem lies...! lol

Bebop said:
Rear steer :woot:

I do good to keep the front turning. Stock gear box don't like 38s with 3psi in them and I'm to broke for hydro. Hell I don't even have a tow rig at the moment.

Re: Re: New "Bridge" at Golden Mountain

rockwell 1 said:
The bridge has been repaired,a couple friends and I worked fri and sat. on the " sketchy ass bridge" in the jungle at GMP. We ripped all the old decking off that exposed some very rotted support beams.After reworking underneath we decked the top with oak 4 x 6s (thanks Berry and Anthony ) We might have made it a little wider but it is still sketchy, if it was easy it wouldn't be Golden Mountain. I can assure you it will be solid for many years.I had several people wanting to help, I had some free time so we just went and did it . To all that wanted to help we will be cutting a new trail soon we sure could use some help. Thanks Mike Monroe and Mike page for the help i couldn't have did it without you.
Looks great Steve, thanks for your hard work.

Still looks sketchy as Hell....especially once a little funk starts growing on it... 8)

Matt

I should have said this previously as well...
Thanks to you guys that maintain the park! We don't get down there but once or twice a year but without people working there wouldn't be a park. Thank all you guys that maintain any parks around for that matter!

We'll be down there next weekend. I'll try and get some pics of this "bridge" area so y'all can get a better idea of this spot. PIctures still won't do it justice for those who have never been there.

Latest posts