• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Chassis in progress!

thanks. i like the style but i try to change stuff up to not copy another buggy that is already out there but its hard to not be similar

i agreee there is some many builders it hard tom come up with something totaly new and one off hard to not have simialarities they are all similar they are buggies!great work tho! cant wait to see a few of the buggies finished up i have seen at some of the shops i have been to seen a couple that were badass as well as urs!

anything built with tube is a jimmy smith look alike now. so everybody says!

twiztedzuki said:
did jimmy bend that chassis up? :fish: looks good guys! :dblthumb:

No Jimmy had nothing to do with this chassis. This one is being built at Lamberts Offroad.

smurfy90 said:
anything built with tube is a jimmy smith look alike now. so everybody says!

Smurfy90 -- Yea I noticed that too.. He wasnt the first to build one of these. Nothing new to the sport just that he got locally famous for building nice rigs so now " Everyone else's" looks like a " Jimmy Smith Chassis" old news. Face the facts; other people can build them just as well.

yardfab said:
No Jimmy had nothing to do with this chassis. This one is being built at Lamberts Offroad.

Smurfy90 -- Yea I noticed that too.. He wasnt the first to build one of these. Nothing new to the sport just that he got locally famous for building nice rigs so now " Everyone else's" looks like a " Jimmy Smith Chassis" old news. Face the facts; other people can build them just as well.
Is rock crawling a sport anymore? Or a i wanna be like everybody else fad?

smurfy90 said:

LOL I understand you totally.. Almost like these hobby hoppers have nothing better to do.. Kinda like ;;;; well I suck at this so lets throw some money into something else I might not suck as bad at. What kills me are some the guys that have rigs built for 50 + grand and cant drive them then sell them in 6 months.

nobody is trying to look like anyone else. it is still a sport and we build what we like. this is a style of buggy and its NOT a copy. jimmy smith builds these buggies and no two alike. he doesnt have a certain chassis he builds over and over so no matter what anyone else builds as their own creation to the "Aetna" style, someone always has something to say about it being a "Jimmy Smith Chassis". too many haters in this world

smurfy90 said:
so what happens to all these buggies that are built and are never seen or are never finished and sold as is? we build what we like and want and can proudly say we did it ourselves. and we use ours!

aetnarearsteer said:
so what happens to all these buggies that are built and are never seen or are never finished and sold as is? we build what we like and want and can proudly say we did it ourselves. and we use ours!

well said nathan!

aetnarearsteer said:
nobody is trying to look like anyone else. it is still a sport and we build what we like. this is a style of buggy and its NOT a copy. jimmy smith builds these buggies and no two alike. he doesnt have a certain chassis he builds over and over so no matter what anyone else builds as their own creation to the "Aetna" style, someone always has something to say about it being a "Jimmy Smith Chassis". too many haters in this world
Thats what im saying, anytime someone other than jimmy builds a buggy somebody always speaks up and says "it looks like a jimmy smith buggy" .

aetnarearsteer said:
thats because he mass produces fad machines

way to jump on wagon then! dont get panties in wad they r compliments that looks like smith buggy!!! :dblthumb: :flipgotcha:

This argument is pretty amusing. The buggy chassis as posted in this thread, does NOT look like a Jimmy Smith Buggy. It looks like a buggy with a style that I would say is easily discernible from a J. Smith buggy.......Now the same can not be said about that "other" guy on here. ...But that has already been beat to death.

Keep up the good work Nathan.

brian

aetnarearsteer said:
too many haters in this world
couldnt have said it better . I have the bigest p.o.s to ever grace 4 tires for a buggy. Its the first anything like it i ever tried to build. But it goes everywhere i point it and i dont have a whole lot in it ( compairtively speaking ) Guess what im trying to say is run what you can afford to have. None of this stuff is worth putting youre selfe or family in the poor house for. Some times i think we all need to go back to haveing daily drivers on 35s and no trailers to tow them on then we will see how hard ya want to beat it when its youre way home and to work monday .