• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New crawling member...

Codeman55

Hi my name is Cody and I'm 18 yrs old and I live in Bonney Lake WA. I got a TLT and a ClodBuster crawler that I hope to bring to the upcoming comps and meet all you guys and just have fun.

I got a couple questions about what you guys do for batteries at the comps. Do you guys bring multiple batteries that you charge at home before the comps, or do you only bring like one and charge it their onsite? I'm asking this because I only got one battery for each rig, and not sure if they would last the whole competition because I'm not sure how long each course is. Do you guys think it would be fine, both are 3300 batteries.

Sorry for being such a newb, but hopefully when the next competition comes up I'll be ready and head their. Maybe I can carpool with I B RACIN or follow him in my own car, because I'm not to familiar with all the cities that aren't in my general area.

Here's pictures of my rigs.

My TLT Crawler.
CIMG0154.jpg

Front Dig on my TLT :D
CIMG0153.jpg

My BIG Stick :flipoff:
CIMG0134.jpg

Nother pic of my big stick.
CIMG0130.jpg

Welcome abaord. That big stick looks lick a piece of funature (huge). I am not into the RC thing, so someone here will have to answer your questions.

Welcome! Your rigs look pretty nice and you have a front dig. I have 3 battery packs. But my 3300 lasts forever. We run 3 courses and they last about 15 minutes for each rig to run it. Maybe less.

Where at in Bonney Lake do you live? Is that your trail rig in the avaitor? I also live in BL by the city hall.

Codeman55 said:
Wow your pretty close to me, I live by Bonney Lake Elementary. And yes that is my truck in the sig. You might have seen it around, I dont know.

You got a bigger pic of it? There is another one up there that has a V8 in it. Is that you?

Yep, that was you I saw pulling into the post office. I reconize the flatbed. I live down here on Mcghee dr e, right off of locust. Mine isn't drivable yet, but here it is. I got a few parts laying around if you need any. Mainly stuff off the 80.

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF1043.JPG
    Copy of DSCF1043.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 75
I have been building on it since Dec of 2005.

20R.
L52HD.
Dual T-cases w/ dual sticks.
5.29s, spool in rear and Aussie up front. Not installed yet.
35" MTRs.
crossover steering

Whats the recipe on your rig?

Codeman55 said:
Hi my name is Cody and I'm 18 yrs old and I live in Bonney Lake WA. I got a TLT and a ClodBuster crawler that I hope to bring to the upcoming comps and meet all you guys and just have fun.

I got a couple questions about what you guys do for batteries at the comps. Do you guys bring multiple batteries that you charge at home before the comps, or do you only bring like one and charge it their onsite? I'm asking this because I only got one battery for each rig, and not sure if they would last the whole competition because I'm not sure how long each course is. Do you guys think it would be fine, both are 3300 batteries.

Sorry for being such a newb, but hopefully when the next competition comes up I'll be ready and head their. Maybe I can carpool with I B RACIN or follow him in my own car, because I'm not to familiar with all the cities that aren't in my general area.

Here's pictures of my rigs.

My TLT Crawler.
CIMG0154.jpg

Front Dig on my TLT :D
CIMG0153.jpg

My BIG Stick :flipoff:
CIMG0134.jpg

Nother pic of my big stick.
CIMG0130.jpg

Hey codeman, glad to see you found the site.

On batteries I charge a few the night before, and I bring my charger to run off my 1-1 also, 1 pack per truck will last for the comp, but you might want to get 2 more for playin after the comps. you don't need super highend packs for a crawler,heres a link for packshttp://cheapbatterypacks.com/main.asp?sid=554605&

I B..

Welcome aboard!! Hope to see ya at our June comp!!

Don't worry about the battery thing, course will vary in time. Our last comp was 10 minutes because of the technical aspect of it. I have a charger that will top you off if needed be.

You have some nice rigs too, the big stick should do good, we crawl big rocks. :D

Eh, I'm kinda embarrased.

Chevy Small Block 350 with a TH350 and an adaptor that lets you use the same old Toyota Transfer Case.

:rolleyes: Stock Toyota Axles (not even locked up, I know lame:rolleyes: )

All-Pro Offroad Flat Bed.

35" MT Baja Claws.

Nothing else really special :cool:

When I get out of school I plan on putting Full Size axles under it and making it a trailer rig. I used to put the old tires (identical to the spare in the back) and do some fatty burn outs, if that counts lol).

TLT-

SW2 Copy frame.
Locked Axles and Stampede Tranny.
Moabs with HPI wheels and Unimoger Rock rings.
Novak XRS Esc
Novak Nitro Servo regulator
Traxxas TQ3 and reciever to match.
Hitec 645 Servo.
Integy Shocks.
k9popo built Front Dig (does not lock up the rear, it just free wheels when disconnected).
Hacked up Proline Jeep body, lol.

Stick-

Custom Built Stick chassis.
Cut and shut Kongs.
Narrowed Maximized Beadlock wheels with custom beadlock rings.
Novak Super Rooster.
No Reciever or Radio right now.
Hitec 645 Servos x2. Front steering ie behind the axle.
Maxx shocks.
Some Custom Painted Traxxas body I bought from Towerhobbies.
Locked axles.

I got some 1/6th Nylint Wheels/Tires that came with it, has the Clod Hub on the back. I dont need em, if anyone wants to buy em for cheap I'd be willing to. I can take pics if anyone wants.

My friend is also building a TLT crawler but he has a way to go till its fully ready.

Thanks for all your interest guys. :D

I'll be home tomorrow around 1pm. Thats when I get home from school. I like it alot, people sure do turn their heads when I'm passing them on the roads. The only complaint I got is that it is SOOO much lighter than the bed. But I alot more clearance for the rear tires and wont need to worry about bashing the bed at Elbe or Evans Creek.

Latest posts