• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Nylint Steering linkage

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
So i made a new drag link and tie rod out of brake line last night, turned out really nice i think for about 1 hours work:redneck: but it still has a lot of steering slack, which i was trying to get rid of... I think it is in the steering box itself, and i dont know how to fix it:mad: I think i have an idea of how to fix it, buy an axial scorpion:haha: but i will post pics of the mod later:awesomework: I really am thinking about selling the nylint soon though, so if anyone is interested...:eeek:

So i made a new drag link and tie rod out of brake line last night, turned out really nice i think for about 1 hours work:redneck: but it still has a lot of steering slack, which i was trying to get rid of... I think it is in the steering box itself, and i dont know how to fix it:mad: I think i have an idea of how to fix it, buy an axial scorpion:haha: but i will post pics of the mod later:awesomework: I really am thinking about selling the nylint soon though, so if anyone is interested...:eeek:

Why are you waisting your time on that POS

Because it's paid for:fawkdancesmiley: :haha: plus it was free to do the mod... I really would like to sell it for an axial :booo: I could justify the $200 for one, but i don't even know where to start for picking up cheap batteries/motor/controller/charger/etc. :booo: I want to keep it under $300:corn: ...initially...:haha:

Because it's paid for:fawkdancesmiley: :haha: plus it was free to do the mod... I really would like to sell it for an axial :booo: I could justify the $200 for one, but i don't even know where to start for picking up cheap batteries/motor/controller/charger/etc. :booo: I want to keep it under $300:corn: ...initially...:haha:

ebay, dude. 1/10 the price of the hobby shop. built 3 quads and 4 crawlers with the help of ebay. the bike shop and hobby shop are rapists!! but if you need it now, buy local. I have a clod tuber I am going to sell, but its larger than an axial.:D

Come run my rig--you will be hooked

Crash, I might have to take you up on that offer, btw, sorry about not getting up there this weekend, change in axles/plans:rolleyes: going with a HP ford and having it cut down...instead of LP chevy...:redneck:

Ya, I was looking at ebay and found the chassis, minus, what was listed above for $204 buy it now. is that a good deal, or should i nut up and get the RTR kit? or can i find the extras for cheaper, i need nothing fancy and i want a decent motor though, if anything i would spend it on the steering servo and motor...i hate the nylint steering:rolleyes:

Crash, I might have to take you up on that offer, btw, sorry about not getting up there this weekend, change in axles/plans:rolleyes: going with a HP ford and having it cut down...instead of LP chevy...:redneck:

Ya, I was looking at ebay and found the chassis, minus, what was listed above for $204 buy it now. is that a good deal, or should i nut up and get the RTR kit? or can i find the extras for cheaper, i need nothing fancy and i want a decent motor though, if anything i would spend it on the steering servo and motor...i hate the nylint steering:rolleyes:

Not a problem...

I did that with rookie--he found out what its about and now he is hooked,lol...

you need to look at the used stuff if you want to save abuck. I bought my txt for 160 bucks RTR (300dollar kit new). it was almost new condition. the only thing I bought to finnish it was a servo and motors and rooster crawler. it came with a charger and a 3300 nimh battery even. I have seen some axials go for real cheap and some for way tooooo much. my room mate started with a wheely king he got off CL for $75 complete. I got my girlfriends crawler out of the used case at 4 seasons. it has an axial chassis with WK axles and tranny, axial beadlocks, cheap esc, associated radio, 2400 nicad for $100 cash. it was kinda set up strange, but some aluminum tube and screws and a nights time and presto a killer crawler for cheap. she just needs a rooster now. I missed one on ebay that went a couple of days ago for 56 bucks.:mad:

keep looking. the nice thing is alot of folks in this hobby wont buy used or are just plain cheap. the rig I got for $100 at 4 seasons was in the case for 2 weeks and nobody would buy it. but they all bitch about having 1200 bucks in an axial:rolleyes: I have less than 500 in each of mine and they are all killer parts. just keep looking:awesomework:

Where is 4 seasons, isnt that down south? Any other good places online to look? for used anyways...

4 seasons is in Lacey, by olypmia 5 minutes off I5.

ebay, craigs list, and classifieds like here and rc crawler are good too.

theres a wheelyking/stick chassis project here that has been listed forever for like 125 bucks with no response. bet he would take 100 or less for it. dont be afraid to build other than axial. I dont think they are all people talk them up to be, they are good though with alot of setup and money. make as much as you can. aluminum plate and tube are super cheap. I made all my links and servo mounts and 4 link uppers for cheaper than they sell the bent link kit for an axial:rolleyes: alot of the expensive parts are not really that nice sometimes. my wheely king looks like it has been abused for ten years and it keeps taking a beating!! my roomates looks worse. but our buddy spent a small fortune on alum knuckles and Cs for his axial. still havent broke one here!!:awesomework: alot of the parts are the same, like lockers ring and pinions etc.:cool:

ya, i just figured it would be a good base to start with and work off of, i kind of want a modified scaler, sort of like my nylint, full bodied, and not rediculously flexy, still have some true to form characteristics:awesomework: I already have the body for it picked out....:stirpot:

Don't waste your money on the new Axial RTR kit, you will have to replace a lot of stuff to make it decent. If you want to do RTR on the cheap, the Wheely King seems to be the best option.

My suggestion would be to figure out what you want to do before you buy anything. I bought the AX10 kit and as of right now (4-5 months later), the only thing I am using from the kit is the axles, which you can buy seperetly for $80-$90 depending where you get them. If I would have sat down and figure out what I wanted to do before I bought everything, I would have saved SOOOOO much money. Although the good thing is that now I have enough parts left over I can almost build a second crawler for my wife. I just need to get a set of axles for it and I am good to go. :redneck:

As les stated--stay away from the PILE OH poop RTR kit...

I sat down and looked at how I did mine and how I would have done it different.

I looked at the rig per axles--nothing more since thats whats the BIG difference (base) from rig to rig.

I would do it again with TLT axles--I think they are still better than the axials and you can build 2 axles for around $130 and thats--as strong as you will get.. Plus with the TLT axles you get a better platform for link mounts....

If I were to do it starting over as Crash so wisely stated pick out your axles first...then chassis then transmission/electronics and everything else kind of falls in place

So you guys suggest just getting axles and building from the ground up, sounds like a good plan, but i am such a newb to this stuff, i mean, i want to learn this stuff, but i dont know where to start, other thatn rccrawler... :redneck: I would like the tlt axles, but i want to have money for other stuff also, knowing myself, starting from scratch means, spending 3 times what i intended :haha: But i do have a general idea of what i want to build. I have a secret body design, 1:10 scale, 2.2 tires, maybe enough of a build for competitiion, but not all out buggy, more of an aggresive scaler if you will:eeek:

A bare bone AX10 is not that bad of a deal--it really is a good starter rig... Then just pick your electronics

I found one for $208 on ebay,
Needs:
2-Channel with 1 Servo
Speed Control
540/550 size motor
7.2V 6-cell stick pack battery
Charger for 7.2V battery

So i would need to find all that junk:eeek:

Latest posts