• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new park soon

Aetna is the best riding around Chattanooga but now u got to watch out for the man dressed in green ! TWRA property is in the middle of just about every trail up there.

What are y'all calling free? Ain't no place really free if you concider All the money spent doing trail clean ups and what about the price of a good chainsaw? Mixed gas and Bar oil? What about trash bags? Come on, if you are one of the ones that really works to keep places open to ride, then you spend quit a bit of money one it. Just because you don't pay at a gate does not mean its free. So if its what you are calling free, I dont guess you are spending money or helping to keep it open. I spend hundreds of dollars a year tring to keep the main land we ride open. Keeping roads open and trash means a lot to land owners

Not really we have public and private land that we help keep open. Private land owners love it when you come pick up trash. Just really wished people didn't have to do trail clean ups. If people would stop throwing trash or haul out everything they haul in, the offroaders wouldn't have the bad rep of trashing places. Went to this new park a few weeks back. when we got ready to leave, the people park next to me had left all kinds of trash in the parking lot, instead of hauling it out. Hell they was all in trucks. Its was just easier for them to throw it down then put it in the truck. So we did the same as we do in the woods and picked it all up.

I agree with You about that Pumpkin.

My comment was in response to Sascommander about the viability of a "private" park vs. the "free" areas to ride around Chatt.

I wanna know were in Chattanooga is free Aetna u pay for the lease or risk going in the subdivision which does have security at the entrance so if you haul you can't go in there and the cops will write you a ticket for any little violation they can find and Lewis chapel is becoming the same way had a buddy got a 500 dollar ticket for being up there and a guy was shot up there a while back sure both still have ways in but parks offer safety from police fines, and I'm sorry people don't pay to watch a lifted jeep wheel, they wanna see buggies raising hell and have places to camp wheel and have fun and not worry bout going to jail or getting fined for for wheeling some were,most serious wheelers would rather put money in their rigs than pay fines and tickets for the "free" wheeling and that's my opinion, and were are any other good wheeling spots, printece cooper, suck creek mnt, I don't think so so enlighten me to these places and we will go check em out and compare em to the parks and see which are better

Keep in mind annual membership to this park is going to be limited to a certain amount of people that will help with the upkeep and maintance not just to anyone that wants in places like this dont run for free think of it like this it is just like running a business so saying it is too high is not really a fair statement another thing to think about is all the EPA issues involved in having a park like this espically a private owned one if it were easy and cheap to do there would be alot more places to ride instead there are getting to be less and less places to go think about how many places we use to be able to ride that are shut down now Im glad someone like Tom has got the balls to spend the money and time to give us a place to ride !!

ALLJ said:
Keep in mind annual membership to this park is going to be limited to a certain amount of people that will help with the upkeep and maintance not just to anyone that wants in places like this dont run for free think of it like this it is just like running a business so saying it is too high is not really a fair statement another thing to think about is all the EPA issues involved in having a park like this espically a private owned one if it were easy and cheap to do there would be alot more places to ride instead there are getting to be less and less places to go think about how many places we use to be able to ride that are shut down now Im glad someone like Tom has got the balls to spend the money and time to give us a place to ride !!

Damn right :dblthumb:

off facebook:

Adventure Offroad Park & Nature Center
Update.....PRICING....We will offer two (2) ways to enter the park when it opens. There will be a limited number of memberships available that will cover the driver and every person your vehicle is designed to carry. This membership gives you 7 days a week access and entrance to almost every event, free camping, and many other benefits to be announced later. The annual membership cost will be $400 per year and will tentatively run April to April. We will also offer at least 2 open weekends per month...(schedule to be determined). The cost for day rides during these open weekends will be $25 per driver and $5 per passenger. We hope to see you when we get this thing opened.

Looks like what I heard was correct ! Sometimes hear say knows what there talking about :)

pricing isn't bad, i don't think. if you are going to be there enough to warrant the membership, i would have no problems with paying $400 for the year. also $25 for driver and $5 for passengers is on par with about every other park out there.

wizzo said:
pricing isn't bad, i don't think. if you are going to be there enough to warrant the membership, i would have no problems with paying $400 for the year. also $25 for driver and $5 for passengers is on par with about every other park out there.
I agree, atleast paying a little more per driver and less per passengers allows me and my family to ride and enjoy the park.

bakewll mtn. lewis chaple and you only get tickets up there if you are on private property. i hear theyr are pretty stern so i just dont go in those ways problem solved? and it has some pretty good stuff the water fall is fun, i mean it was good enough for tim cameron to come out and not make it up the short cut in his rockwell buggy sooooooo. and i guess you guys are correct there is no free wheeling and i do not packout what i take in i bring more out. guess i didnt really think about how lucky i am. my familly is on mobry which goes to chaple. best friends parnts live near the cummings cove interance, drop off at the neighborhood and park the chevy at their house. suckcreek mtn or big fork isnt crazy at all but ive never seen a ranger and weve shot guns all night long a few times so i trust it.

but for 25 a driver and 5 a rider ill take that

wizzo said:
\

Thank you. Why bitch about the price of a yearly membership if you don't even plan to wheel the place enough to even be interested in a yearly membership in the first place. Boils down to nobody fully considers what all park owners do and risk to provide a good safe place to wheel, but instead just bitch about pricing because EVERYBODY wants SOMETHING FOR NOTHING... ::)

nothing really left at bakewell lewis chaple you will get a ticket if caught

sascommander184 said:
bakewll mtn. lewis chaple and you only get tickets up there if you are on private property. i hear theyr are pretty stern so i just dont go in those ways problem solved? and it has some pretty good stuff the water fall is fun, i mean it was good enough for tim cameron to come out and not make it up the short cut in his rockwell buggy sooooooo. and i guess you guys are correct there is no free wheeling and i do not packout what i take in i bring more out. guess i didnt really think about how lucky i am. my familly is on mobry which goes to chaple. best friends parnts live near the cummings cove interance, drop off at the neighborhood and park the chevy at their house. suckcreek mtn or big fork isnt crazy at all but ive never seen a ranger and weve shot guns all night long a few times so i trust it.

but for 25 a driver and 5 a rider ill take that

Ever been thought right from wrong? To me you are no different than those black thugs on the news every night breaking in and robbing folks. Bottom line, YOU DONT OWN THE LAND SO YOU HAVE NO RIGHT BEING THERE!!!!![size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size] Now instead of ripping off the system, pay your own way![size=10pt][/size]

just like yall said nothing is free......our tax dollars pay for public lands and those are the places where i grew up drinking what i want when i want, and i know that wont happen at the park.

and i guess you get a ticket at chaple just like i heard people get one at aetna cuz ive not SEEN any ticketing or any tickets

this is just another way to let out public lands get taken away people are goin to lose interest in Aetna and it will go away the first place i went ridin. it will be fun to go to once a month and im excited that 4wheeling is growing in chattanooga...

Re: Re: new park soon

Well the way I see it, if ur not within a 50 mile run of this place its not worth it, it was a nice concept but hell that's a hual for me and most of the guys I ride with, . We would have to travel up at least 7 times just to to break even, this is based off a weekend costing $60 including a passenger,.... $400 just is not going to work for most people, sorry and wish this place the best.

FROM THE EMPTY BOTTLE!