• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Rig

ManiacMagoo

Well I got this SW2 chassis sitting here in front of me begging to be abused. I could put my maxx crawler back together or I could go a different route. I hate deciding stuff. Ideally I would need 4 of these damn chassis's for what I want to do with it :haha:. So since I screwed the days up on the comp and I was going to base my next truck off the class that had the most at this for a class. Gah I need mental help lol. I thought about making a 2.2, or the maxx, or a 14" rig or a TXT crawler. :mad:

the 2.2U i'm sure will have the most peeps in it, considering two that i know weren't able to come to the comp and compete, but i plan on getting a big rig with txt axles in a month or two......so either one would be great, and it would just be nice to see you compete Maniac, or show up at a gtg.:stirpot:

Well on a side note I got to talk to my wife for the first time in 3 weeks for 5 hours yesterday since she is almost done with basic training :flipoff:. Well I guess I will start building something tonight and see what shape it decides to take . :kissmyass:

ManiacMagoo can't RC wheel. :haha: :flipoff: :kissmyass:
:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Nope sure can't but atleast I didn't finish 4th after all that talk :whistling: :flipoff::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot: :haha:. I need to get some motivation been fishing to much lately to sit at home and work on any trucks. :haha:

I B RACIN said:
But you have to compete to finish at all..

I B..
bingo!!!! :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: good one.

ManiacMagoo said:
I need to get some motivation been fishing to much lately to sit at home and work on any trucks. :haha:

you need to quit coming up with excuses and GET YOUR BUTT OUT THERE!!:haha:

Torry likes a great big Maxx sandwich for lunch. :stirpot: :stirpot:

:flipoff: LMFAO! nice reply DUDE< anyways, yeah Maniac i'm sure you have tons of **** to do, but it would REALLY be nice to actually get to meet you and see your knowledge and skillz on a comp! (current 2.2U kING) LOL

Toom said:
:flipoff: LMFAO! nice reply DUDE< anyways, yeah Maniac i'm sure you have tons of **** to do, but it would REALLY be nice to actually get to meet you and see your knowledge and skillz on a comp! (current 2.2U kING) LOL
Its funny cuz I have met him. And neither of us have met you guys.

Well atm I don't have the funds to buy the servos required for my big truck and I only have 1 TLT axle. God only knows where the other one wandered off to. I have the maxx reassemble minus electronics because 645's suck at turning the LST's and die after 5-10 minutes of crawling. So maybe once I get soe free cash to afford 2 $120 servos it will crawl. I'm not making excuses it's called it takes money to play and atm it is a short thing since I'm moving in 10 weeks and having to buy plane tickets and worry about getting my wife home. So I would rather call it priorities instead of excuses. We will see if I can get something going since I got screwed on cash for a chassis I never got so I have been kind of burnt out after that.

ManiacMagoo said:
Well atm I don't have the funds to buy the servos required for my big truck and I only have 1 TLT axle. God only knows where the other one wandered off to. I have the maxx reassemble minus electronics because 645's suck at turning the LST's and die after 5-10 minutes of crawling. So maybe once I get soe free cash to afford 2 $120 servos it will crawl. I'm not making excuses it's called it takes money to play and atm it is a short thing since I'm moving in 10 weeks and having to buy plane tickets and worry about getting my wife home. So I would rather call it priorities instead of excuses. We will see if I can get something going since I got screwed on cash for a chassis I never got so I have been kind of burnt out after that.
That sucks about getting screwed on the chassis. What chassis was it.

Mantis but thats neither here nor there. Well today I got a hair up my ass and did something besides tie flies all day. Here is what happens when you open a new 1:6 Nylint Jeep up and 6 hours of bordness do:

I also spent some of that time reassembling most of the maxx crawler. Here are some changes if you can spot them:

I decided to drill a few holes in the SW2 and use my old T3 tranny instead of having to buy another stampede tranny. Trying to decide whether or not I want to put a GD600 on it. Also looking at new ways to do the steering since I'm not a big fan of using a bent link for it and dont have the cash for the revo swap. Plus it has new mip CVD's that came with the truck that need to be broken first. Thinking about waiting to drive it till I can afford hitec 5995's so I don't burn up cheaper servos and don't want to mount the huge robot servos on it.

As for this Sunday I will bring my Nylint parade out to run with you guys and drag my brother along aswell. Really just waiting to see what happens with my wife and the military because we are either getting moved to Colorado, Alaska, Hawaii, or Germany. Wife wont find out for another 7 or 8 weeks for sure where though.

ManiacMagoo said:
Mantis but thats neither here nor there. Well today I got a hair up my ass and did something besides tie flies all day. Here is what happens when you open a new 1:6 Nylint Jeep up and 6 hours of bordness do:

I decided to drill a few holes in the SW2 and use my old T3 tranny instead of having to buy another stampede tranny. Trying to decide whether or not I want to put a GD600 on it. Also looking at new ways to do the steering since I'm not a big fan of using a bent link for it and dont have the cash for the revo swap. Plus it has new mip CVD's that came with the truck that need to be broken first. Thinking about waiting to drive it till I can afford hitec 5995's so I don't burn up cheaper servos and don't want to mount the huge robot servos on it.

As for this Sunday I will bring my Nylint parade out to run with you guys and drag my brother along aswell. Really just waiting to see what happens with my wife and the military because we are either getting moved to Colorado, Alaska, Hawaii, or Germany. Wife wont find out for another 7 or 8 weeks for sure where though.

Looking pretty good. Those are a lot of places that you might move. That would be a hard move to any of them.

:haha: :haha: ManiacMagoo, I was just funnin with ya.

I know what you have to do coming up soon and yes guys I have met him also.

I got your message on the phone. :cool:

BTW: do you have another new 1/6th Jeep?? I know a buyer but he isn't going to pay what you wanted at first.

pm me and let me know on the Nylint if you have one.

BTW #2: if you want a GD 600 already turned down let me know. I also turn new shafts for those.

I will let you know on the GD600 I remember you mentioning it when you came down. I knew your where screwing around but I didn't want the rest to think I'm some lame ass because I'm spinning 80 ways at once right now. :haha:

My last jeep is the one you see :haha:. Now I need to find someone who has a scrap one so I can buy a receiver out of one because the one in my son's took a dump unless radio shack has the peice I need to fix it.

Hum I'm thinking of tearing into the axles today and hacking it up. Will post pics of the electronics here in abit. :cool:

Well here is some more pictures on how I hacked the chassis for the flat bottom and put it back together.

This is one of the top plates back on for the factory look and the on off switch mounted between the suspension arms:

Here is what the battery looks like unv=der the battery plate:

Here is the electroniccover cut up. I used 2.2 tire foam cut in half to seperate the electronics along with running tape over the brass belly plate to keep from shorting anything if something touches. I was going to do plastic and plastic weld it to the bottom but didn't have a peice big enough that I liked so I used brass sheet I got for my scale build. :rolleyes: :

Here is a picture of the battery pack I made. The bottom pack is 3 2 cell sticks wired together to form a 6 cell pack and the top on is built the same but only 4 cells. On the 4 cell pack I set it up to plug into the 6 cell pack since my charger only charges up to 9 cells. :rolleyes: Then I took another dean plug and soldered it up so I can close the 4 cell pack to charge it. Only good thing is the charger can charge 2 packs at once. :flipoff: The pack is made of 2400mah Monster Maxx cells I had laying around :

Man the new pack made a big difference in weight now to decide whether to hack the axles or not. :haha:

Latest posts