• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new tires what brand?

97trxuszj

I have come across a great deal on some 17" allied beadlocks, I have 38x12.5x15 tsls now. I love the way the tsl hook up. I mostly wheel mud, dirt, roots and ocasinal rocks nothing huge. I am looking for options on tires from 37-38 range in 12-13.5 and for 17 " rims opinions and experiance with diffrent tires would be great.

Thanks and sorry for the Newbie question, Andrew

38.5 SX or 39.5 bias Irok All interco tires measure a lot smaller than advertised

Not at all true... Many of the tires I was looking at were exactly as advertised, or larger. Some do run small, sure.

Example: 36" bias Iroks measure 36.8, I believe. :awesomework:

That is measured with 40psi in the hot sun, not mounted on a rig.

At trail pressure I figure a 38 is a 36....a 39 is a 36 ect...

My 49's on the rig at trail pressure are 44

My 44's were 41

Sorry to break it to you, but that chart on Interco site is not accurate.

If you dont believe me, start a thread asking what you bought and what is really is

My 44's were 41

If you dont believe me, start a thread asking what you bought and what is really is

You don't have to a genius to figure that out... Of course its going to measure 4 inches smaller when you have 5 inches of side-wall folded over from only having 3 psi in them... If you run them at "recomended" operating pressures i'd put money down they'd be within 5% of the advertised height....

I love TSL's and my LTB's for what its worth. As for the height if you run the pressure they say to run them at they are close to the height advertised new

My 44's were 41

no bullshit. I was real let down when a dismounted 16.00 was bigger than a 54 inch bogger on a 10 inch rim.:booo: measured 51.5 on a skinny wheel. it wouldof been shorter if mounted on the suggested wider rim.:rb:

just go with a swamper if you like em! **** all the gay wannabe tires, swampers are the ****, plain and simple. except radials.:beer:

I have this set of damn near virgin 38x12.5x15SX's on a jeep at home right now.

If ya had a set of 4 new 33x12.50 BFG MTs or 5 near new 33x12.50 BFG MTs...

I've ran Swampers, Boggers, Krawlers, and Big O's over the years. Of all the tires, the best all around is the Krawler (original) but it's really stooopidly expensive. It has equal off road characteristics to the Swampers I've experienced, but far better on road manners.

Latest posts