• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new to me crawler and motor Q?

wheelinjp

I bought a super mod comp crawler? it has clod axles, rear steer, trq 3 traxxas 3ch. 55t motors, alum lockers and gears, novak super rooster, 40series moabs. and a trimmed 72 chev body. I touched up the trim a lil more, and have ran one battery through it. I am having a problem with the front motor gear loosening up. in one battery charge Ive had to tighten it up twice. I did put the front in a good bind this last time. is there a better method for this? other than that I love it.
newrc3.jpg
newrc2.jpg

Sean...it's the pinion gear loosening, right? If so, just a small dab of removable lock-tite on the set screw should do the trick.
Congrats on the crawler!:awesomework:

Sean...it's the pinion gear loosening, right? If so, just a small dab of removable lock-tite on the set screw should do the trick.
Congrats on the crawler!:awesomework:

so blue or red locktite? its definitely fun that is for sure. thanks guys. And thanks pos97tj for the great deal.

Blue......:awesomework:
Also, check to make sure the flat spot on the motor shaft is actually still flat....you can also file the set screw flat as well, so you're getting the most surface possible.

:haha:cool thanks guys. I gotta pick up some blue. I only have red. I looked at the flat spot and it is still flat. I thought about drilling a little recess in the flat spot for the set screw to go into, but realized the shaft is hardened and I dont have any cobalt bits that small. I ran another battery through it just now, and now the rear quit working this time. I am sure its the same issue as the front or it might be one of the motor leads shorting against the rear coilover. what would make the rear keep wanting to crawl forward all the time? can climb straight up verticals, but if there is an undercut short ledge at the bottom, it wants to wheely and the rear suspension lifts instead of squating or staying flat. Keep in mind I also need to learn how to drive this thing. its a little different than my nylint jeep.:haha::haha::haha: