• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New to me Iroks

landbruiser1

Well I will start the story by thanking Dale(gibby) for selling me a set of his spare IROKS and Joe(JR) for selling me a set of extra rims that he had. I started yesturday afternoon mounting them in my garage by hand.... I was so exited to see what they were going to look like I installled 2 of them in the pouring rain. Today after church I decided to see how they are going to ride on the street, I had to much air in them, 25psi, I called dale and asked what pressure he runs and he told me about a neat trick with chalk. final road pressure is 13psi. It actually handles better than the 36' Radials I had on there.

I am not worring yet on breaking things, because the Iroks weigh less than my old Boggers and only 3lbs heavier than the 36' Radials

I then decided to try to flex a little bit and had to set up a little redneck ramp.
I only had to cut a little bit of slider in front of the rear tires for good clearance. I order a new set of brake lines today and am getting ready to start on some tube work. Here are some pics, I hope it holds together next weekend at ELBE....

100_0305.jpg

100_0304.jpg

100_0303.jpg

100_0302.jpg

100_0301.jpg

100_0300.jpg

100_0298.jpg

100_0297.jpg

100_0296.jpg

What do you think?? Not to bad for spring-over with stock fj-55 springs and stock fj-40 springs in the front. The tires are 39.5

stock 66 landcruiser axle with the stock ball and claw axle, pre-longfields. Front axle also hasnt been cut and turned, I just used steal shims to make it close.

sweet

I've got a 74 with the same tire, haven't run them yet but will on menorial. I hope you were kid'n about the ball and claw, I'd be surprised if they would hold up to 31's. You should see if you can find a cheep mini truck front and swap the outers. you could then upgrade to long's and you get the disk breaks. definatly a sweet ride though, the iroks fit so well:)

landbruiser1 said:
Thanks guys. Its nice to hear good complaments, I know its not a buggy, but I like it and I am a cheap a**...

You don't need a buggy to get out and have fun--you just need to know the limitaions of the rig on certain trails is all :cool: