• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New trail construction has started

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
On tuesday they started the next 2 4x4 trails and I went up and inspected--they are getting better and looking at the start compared to the first one they are learning/improving..

Here are the rocks they got from down at the pit--they are nice and big..

Attachments

• re-1.jpg
    re-1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 320
The long trail starts right at the entrance to the first trail.

Attachments

• re-2.jpg
    re-2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 318
They have maybe 1/4 of the long trail cut and they did a pretty good job of keeping the trail corridor tighter and actually took flat areas and gave them some decent elevation changes.

Attachments

• re-3.jpg
    re-3.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 316
  • re-4.jpg
    re-4.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 317
The other trail that jets off about 2/3 down the trail and cuts over to the gravel road out of the new trail is cut all the way through. They again did a decent job of keeping the corridor tight. This trail also has a nice elevation change so it will be interesting how they accomplish what we have been telling them.

Attachments

• re-5.jpg
    re-5.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 317
  • re-6.jpg
    re-6.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 310
  • re-7.jpg
    re-7.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 313
Looking good Michael and nice to see how pleased you are with the progress. Guess I had better find some time to get over there. Maybe this weekend.

I was out cruising today and was on reiter road. The gate was open so i drove in and checked out where the new trail is. Those boulders should make for some good times. Most of them were at least half the size of my car if not bigger.

I was out cruising today and was on reiter road. The gate was open so i drove in and checked out where the new trail is. Those boulders should make for some good times. Most of them were at least half the size of my car if not bigger.

Ya they are pretty big.......

Its open for use on friday's as why the gate was open :awesomework:

If they put enough of those rocks in there and make it look like a dry stream bed that would please a lot of people, not placed on the side of the trail.

Are they going to skip on the gravel base this time .

Not at this time. But they are going to try some different surfacing on the trail

If they put enough of those rocks in there and make it look like a dry stream bed that would please a lot of people, not placed on the side of the trail.

We can always hope. The major problem is the cost of the huge rocks. Trail design will be a process that will always be evolving as they try different things. Some will work and some won't. But our input is being listened to.

So, anyone down for a rock acquisition fund raiser?
Bound to be tons of leveler type, big machine usin hillbillys around here..

Hows about if a bunch of rocks just ended up in the parking area for them to utilize?
How would that go over?:D
cheers