• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New trailer project...

Zoediak

well, today i just picked up my newest project, of the many i seem to have accumulated... :haha:

Here is a quick shot of the way it sits right now...
(I will take more shots in the next day or so)

5b113d92.jpg

The Plans......

strip it down to the bare frame and turn it into a gooseneck trailer to haul my wheeler and whatever else....

this thing is from 1994, it is like 34 feet long...

It already has the gooseneck adapter on it so that will save me some $$.

I am going to sell off any of the parts that I can to assist in the funding of the project and anything that i will not be using in my RV...

It already has 8 lug axles with brakes (of course.. look at the size of this pig)

I will be retaining some of the electrical work on the trailer so that I can still use the electrical front lift jacks.... which in my opinion is much nicer than hand cranking!!!!

I will more than likely make the deck go over the axles instead of between them to give myself a full width flat deck to load items on...

so now the task begins, to start tearing it apart, salvaging what is possible and making a few trips to the dump...

:;

looking for a decent hot water tank...:awesomework:
and what ever else is worth while...:redneck:

what else are you looking for??

the stove is already spoken for and going to be removed shortly...

i have not pulled out the hot water tank yet, since i just got it today.. hahaha

but anyway, i know it all worked when it was parked... the only thing that quit working was the slide-outs on this thing which caused teh thing to leak.. :( so the floor is badly damaged from it.....

so let me know what else you are looking for....

I might be interested in the awning depending on condition and size.
Maybe the fold down steps for the door as well. (are they elec. ? )

not sure.. if they are electric or not, i will take a look tomorrow.

the awning... not sure if there is anything left other than the framework, at least that is what it looks like at first glance.

it looks like all the framework is there but needs a new skin...

i will probably try to unfold it and see if my first look was correct tomorrow....

as long as it isn't pouring down rain... haha

Cool project. Are you going to make it an open trailer, or enclose some of it?
I might have a winch I could sell you.:redneck:

Cool project. Are you going to make it an open trailer, or enclose some of it?
I might have a winch I could sell you.:redneck:

it will be an open flat deck, but i will be making it to where i can add sides to it at some point later on..

and won 't be needing a winch for it just yet.. hahahahaha i still have a couple laying around if I decide to ever put one on...

Yeah....like YOU need another project! :haha:

can't ya manage to get one done before starting another, like *cough* a JEEP??? *cough* :fawkdancesmiley: (the coughing is literal, with this cold! :redneck:)...

Yeah....like YOU need another project! :haha:

can't ya manage to get one done before starting another, like *cough* a JEEP??? *cough* :fawkdancesmiley: (the coughing is literal, with this cold! :redneck:)...

hahaha.. yeah, well i decided that i will need something to haul it around on when i need to get the exhaust done and then take it up your way to go wheeling... eventually... HAHAHAHA :haha:

I did find out that it has dual 6k axles, so that will make it nice when turned into a trailer....

it will be able to handle a decent load... the tag says 13k max load...

Pokey...

I looked at the steps, they are three steps and are NOT electric...

I will post up a picture of the steps...

3f8c8cfc.jpg

as for the awning... what i thought was the center core was actually a metal covering onthe awning... just a little dirty hahaha..

anyway, i finally got it pulled out part way and measured it.

the fabric covering is 16' wide with the bracketry being a bit wider of course...

her is a pic of it pulled almost all the way out... it is a rather nice awning too... better than the one on my RV.. HAHAHA

565d02f7.jpg

that is what i have done so far...

Last edited:
Thanks for the deal on the awning Dusty :awesomework: and sorry about the brain fart Louie :eeek:

Thanks for the deal on the awning Dusty :awesomework: and sorry about the brain fart Louie :eeek:

no problem Jim... enjoy..

I just got curious to see how much that exact model replacement would be...

it came out to $1431 with shipping for that exact same model and color..

so you got a great deal... enjoy!! :D

I'm surprised you didn't fall threw the roof Jim...:redneck:

i was actually pretty shocked about that too... but i think most all of the damage is lower since the water leakage just soaked the floors from leaking around those tipouts...

those will mot be much further out from meeting the end of my sawsall...

hahahaha... that way i can get a peek into those other cabinets and get that radio pulled out..