• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Wide Open Design web site

Woodlee

Well guys Ricky B. and I have been hard at work for the past few weeks working on a web site for the shop. The site is finally up and pretty much complete except for a few detail here and there.

The parts page will be growing from now on and right now does not even come close to listing all of what I actually offer. We are steadily adding more parts to the list all the time though. The rigs pages will be updated from time to time as well, and look for my up coming builds to be up dated there.

Give us some feed back. We are both up for suggestions and Ricky B. needs some props for building a very nice site. It is easy to navigate and gets the main points of my business across very nicely. I want to thank him for all of the hard work and being very cooperative though this whole thing. I could not have asked for some one better to work with.

Go check it out and post up what you guys think.

http://www.wideopendesign.com/

Great site Ricky thumb.gif

Good deal Adam, you needed a good outlet to showcase your work.

The sight looks awesome. The only thing I saw was that you made 'backbone' two words in the intro.

Way to step it up Adam and Ricky. That should serve you well, now get Cole's ass up there and build him a buggy!

Will keep a check on it for updates, but I am glad it is so easy to navigate. thumb.gif

Been wondering when you was going to get a site up so more people could see your work. thumb.gif

Looks good, only thing I had problems with is the Spec sheet pages on the rigs. Looks like the a copy of a copy of a copy. You can tell its english but cant read it.
I like it all though, very nice job.

If making "backbone" two words was the only thing Nolen didn't like we must have done an AWESOME job! laughing1

Thanks guys, we still have a few things left like a cleaner logo, but I have a professional photoshoppin' wiz working on that so we should be good. 8)

InDaShop said:
Looks good, only thing I had problems with is the Spec sheet pages on the rigs. Looks like the a copy of a copy of a copy. You can tell its english but cant read it.
I like it all though, very nice job.

If you're running IE7 it resizes automatically to fit the screen. If you click the enlarged version it'll go to original size.

Thanks wngrog I defiantly am not the best speller. That is defiantly the kind of feed back we are looking for. Any detailed criticism is appreciated and if need be PM me with more.

InDaShop,

For the specs page click on it then in the lower right hand corner there will be a tab to enlarge the sheet. I'm not sure why it ended up this way but never been a problem for me.

Thanks guys I'm looking forward to seeing where this takes business.

Cool site Adam, I like what you are doing. It should really help to get your name out there. Now just find somebody to build a full on comp rig for and your name will really get out there!

The only things I don't really like are the cutout pics on the black background. Like the parts pics on the main page and the front shots of each rig on the rigs page. Those would look better if they were just full photos and you shaped them in a unique way. That is all visual, and Ricky designs all his sites that way. It just looks outdated (llike late 90's) to me.

Yes, I'm clicking on the SPEC link and the enlarged version looks like Hyroglyphics. So I saved and opened and can read them fine. Weird.

InDaShop said:
Yes, I'm clicking on the SPEC link and the enlarged version looks like Hyroglyphics. So I saved and opened and can read them fine. Weird.
Works just fine for me. I am using Firefox :dunno:

One thing with any site that is hard is to make it look and function the same with different browsers. I'd reccomend fine tuning Ricky, that way it is same across the board...

firefox, safari, IE7, and whatever else is popular. That being said I can't get mien to look okay in Safari for the life of me laughing1

MUCHADO said:
One thing with any site that is hard is to make it look and function the same with different browsers. I'd reccomend fine tuning Ricky, that way it is same across the board...

firefox, safari, IE7, and whatever else is popular. That being said I can't get mien to look okay in Safari for the life of me laughing1

What's it doing or not doing in safari? Works perfect on my i-touch version of Safari. laughing1

MUCHADO said:

Weird, I just opened it in Safari and it works the same for me as it does in Firefox. When the spec sheet opens my cursor turns into a magnifying glass and I click once and it maximizes the print.

**my mistake, I meant to say I can't get MY site to work in safari so that's somethin to look for on yours.. I am on IE here at "work"

Glad to see you finally got a website Adam. I will be calling you one day for one of your trusses, they are bangin! Not to hijack but We got my 6.0 in yesterday, hopefully it will be running soon, I'll let you know how it goes.