• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Newer Tahoe seat swap

rpf500

I can't find anything online saying 100% if this is possible. Dealership #1 said it was, dealer #2, said they didn't think so without modification.
Figured one of you all might know.

Wife is wanting a new to us Tahoe. Many of them have the bench, but we want 2nd row buckets. Anyone know if you can directly swap bench with buckets?

I don't know but I would imagine so..as modular as the Tahoe/suburban/Yukon/esclade is I would think they would have identical seat mounts.

bbone said:
I don't know but I would imagine so..as modular as the Tahoe/suburban/Yukon/esclade is I would think they would have identical seat mounts.

Agreed on them being so modular. I noticed little things in the engine bay that matched my GMC dually even. So, I'm thinking it'll work. The dealers not being able to immediately confirm it is what has me wondering. And then a lack of info online is odd also. Lots of threads with people asking, but none had a.final resolution.

Re:

I would agree with above, but there were some years where, if it didn't get ordered with 3rd row, you couldn't add it later.

If u are robbing the parts from a donor, i would get all the brackets, trim, belts, etc. If it works, itll just be the bolt holes in the floor.

The years and models will be the key. Different model years that changed could be an issue. Also if power fold seats were an option (even if you don't want them) that could change the seat mounts for the buckets.

I would generally say yes, but what years are you talking about?