• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Not just another TLT Build

I have been running an R2 now for a couple months, and I found out they are good trannies with lathe motors, but with a powerful brushless motor, we grenaded mine at the last comp. I have decided that R2's and brushless don't mix.:redneck: Love the tranny other than that.

One little broken gear and you are giving up on it sheesh.... Give me that pile O junk, I think I may need some spare parts:D

Almost done with the R/C crawler. here it is in its current form:

NWwheelers-1.jpg

as soon as I get more time I will attempt to upload more pics. I have run it on my R/C helo's battery but it does not have enough juice to run it smoothly. I also need to re-do the steering, and put on the beadlocks (the tires stay on pretty well even tho the rims have been narrowed. Other than that it works great. I did get a Twisted Designs " The Falcon" chassis. I was dissapointed when I got it, I did not realize you had to use some of the TLT chassis parts ( TLT Frame spacers ) so I am kinda pissed about that. I guess I will go to tower hobbies or another site and see if I can order the spacers.

Ok, so I gave up on the tuber and went with a known kit:

The issue I am having now is Drive line angle:

Driveline.jpg

DSCF7445.jpg

DSCF7453.jpg

DSCF7450.jpg

and a broken wheel thanks to my Traxxas rustler with FLM Arms, Frame, Shock towers, front bulkhead and Integy Bumper: Velineon Brushless and 4800mah battery pack ( it screams )

FLMRusty.jpg

This is the only build I could find, and it is not that complete:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63787

pending any ideas from other peopel I am looking at ordering another set of jato drive shafts, and the steel drive yokes

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKMG2&P=7

i also of course need to get new wheels:redneck:

Well I got back from Iraq yesterday and am once again enjoying the greaqtness of highspeed internet. It has finally allowed me to post updated pics of my RC Crawler, keep in mind I still need new wheels and tires and a custom battery pack. but beyond that I would say I am extremly happy with it, it will crawl up and over just about everything I can find. I have some videos as well as a bunch more pics, so until I find a place to host the videos, you will just have to wait and see ;-P ,

tweaker2.jpg

tweaker.jpg

gettingthere.jpg

Well made it home finally, and have done a few more mods, bought a couple things, and this is where is sits now:

DSCF7563.jpg

I fixed the articulation problem by getting shorter shocks and adjusting the links a little bit. Also bought some AX10 beadlocked wheels and the pro line MOAB's. Need to purchase a high tourque servo for steering, make my custom battery back.
The last thing I need to figure out is how to keep my dang drive shafts attached to the shaft coming out of the TLT axle.
DSCF7560.jpg

DSCF7559.jpg

DSCF7562.jpg

gratuitus flex shot's

DSCF7565.jpg

DSCF7564.jpg

Who's this guy :redneck:

Hey ya chris......

So--when you going to be back in this state?

Ben got it right, I would have been back in about 2 years, but good ole Uncle Sam has seen fit to make me move to Viginia in July. I am going to be an Instructor at Ft Lee, so no more deployments, and a set schedule. Both good things, but unfortunatly I will be there about 3 years:mad: . I will be back after that, and then retire in WA or OR " mid life career change ". I will still stay in touch and chat it up on this board, but I am now going to have to try and find some temporary replacements for you all, and find a trail or two to wheel while I am there.