• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

np205 transfer case brace

Iceman83

Just wondering does anyone make a reinforcement bracket or brace to support the weight of the t-case at the backend. Seems like a lot of weight to be held up by 6 bolts in a hard landing. Any info would be helpful thanks.

we cut some "bolt rings" that captured the bottom 3-4 bolts on the rear output and rear cover on my buddy's LC, added another xmember and tied it to the trans xmember.

I drilled and tapped the case on the flat section on the side, then ran a brace to the frame that's mounted in a poly bushing. The stock adapter hasn't cracked yet.

twiztedzuki said:
i also mad a brace to the 2 5/8s bolts on side of 205

I did this plus made a plate to capture four rear tail housing upper bolts as well. My drivetrain is all solid mounted and I don't want that beitch going anywhere.

This is what we usually do. We haven't had trouble doing it this way, Yet.

AB5097DA-5FAA-4E58-8094-243A28440D39-1305-000001F7EF1A9418.jpg

Ok I have photos but don't know how to post them from my phone. Let me know how to load em or someone give me their email and ill send em to you to load for me.

Thanks

I like that. I wish someone would market a generic 205 ring similiar to that but completey round and clockable for any position. Some apps might need it to the side or from the top.