• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

***** Nww Ski Thread *****

Ski thread, i'm in!!

Frequent Stevens pass, but thats cause i live in Everett. Its just a nice easy shot down highway 2. Actually the wife and i are headed to Crystal this weekend. I have not been there since they expanded their terrain.
Those of you who prefer climbing and more backcountry riding.... mad props to ya and stay safe please. I hate hearing about fallen riders. As for me, I don't do that stuff. I guess i'm too lazy. I like the chairlift to do all the climbing for me.:D
I love playing in the moguls but anything steep and deep is fine with me.

Rossignol Scatches, best skies i've ever owned.

Last edited:
Oh, I like taking the lift too, but I don't care for other peoples tracks, nor do I really care much for packed snow unless I am out on skinny skis. That said, I do like mach 10 runs down the hill provided I can get an edge in.

I am now daily-ing a ski with a 130"+ tip, almost 100" waist. It simply alters your experience in crud and fresh snow. If you cannot ski wet fresh snow well, you need a fatter ski.

Apache_Chief_Top_lg.jpg

I am now daily-ing a ski with a 130"+ tip, almost 100" waist. It simply alters your experience in crud and fresh snow. If you cannot ski wet fresh snow well, you need a fatter ski.

X2 Fat skis are the ****. :cool:

I was surprised how well they do not just in powder but crud and slop and whatever terrain or conditions I throw at them they just blast through it.

Megasuck. Passes are all closed today. Drove up to Stevens and sat in line for a while. Got the secret nod from the troopers that they might be opening soon. Two hours later, the words was they were opening at 9am. Bummer.

On the plus side, I did not die today in an avalanche. The snow was slabbing all over the place. It would have even been sketchy in the trees.

Saw lots of NWW at Snort stickers on the highway. Looks like some jeepers were headed over the pass, or in theory.

2 years ago I was headed up to Baker when the highway turned into a big parking lot, everyone saying the road was closed. People were turning around to go home, getting stuck and sliding around- total clusterfuck.

I locked the hubs and blasted through the deep untracked shoulder and kept on going. A few SUV's tried to follow my tracks and got stuck.:haha:

Got to Baker and we were the only ones there! The lifts were running but the whole place was a ghosttown. We heard some employees in the lodge joking about how someone intentionally started the rumor that the road was closed:haha:

It made for one epic day of skiing! Sounds like today was a real closure but I only turn around if I hear it directly from a Trooper.:awesomework:

I haven't even been up the mountain yet but I can tell from the weather this is prime avalanche conditions. Very sad news indeed, I'll stick to groomers until the light snow is ON TOP of the heavy snow.:booo:

Didn't get to go to Crystal.:booo:
Some friends went night skiing at Stevens on Saturday and said it was great! I'm not big on night skiing, you loose so much terrain, but i guess its better than not going at all...

Baker was great on sunday until the high winds kicked up and closed the place down It was only my second time but I hit some good runs.

I now have 3 snow boarders and 5 skiers trained :awesomework: corrupting them when their young :redneck:

it did look more like a landslide, there is now a huge crater right where the fracture was. I live up here and saw it minutes after and noticed the big hole right away. Herd through the grapevine that spot was filled in yrs ago w/stumps and crap to make it more skier friendly. Not sure how true it is but makes sense.

it did look more like a landslide, there is now a huge crater right where the fracture was. I live up here and saw it minutes after and noticed the big hole right away. Herd through the grapevine that spot was filled in yrs ago w/stumps and crap to make it more skier friendly. Not sure how true it is but makes sense.

Must be the same guys that homogenize 4x4 trails for the masses in stock rigs.

Thats why I like skiing at Baker- gnarly terrain with endless challenges.

*filled*? Sounds like lawsuit material for the homeowner.

You on the Hyak side or over by Gold Creek?

BIG avalanches are occuring in the mountains, at places you would not expect it.

http://www.komonews.com/news/37226989.html

090107_hyak_avalache.jpg

090107_hyak_avalache_01.jpg

090107_hyak_avalache_02.jpg

Hyak at Snoqualmie Pass

a good friend of mine works at hyak. they had about 2 feet of water in the lodge.... not sure if it will spin again this year. on the plus side, those of us with skins will enjoy freashies for the rest of the year

Last edited: