• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nylint knuckles on clod axle?

darius

Shorter than LRZ
So I got curious on how to make my nylint tires work on my clod, I figured out that just by sanding down the height of where the knuckle screw's go into the nylint knuckles and shortening the screw's it's a direct bolt on, is this how other people are doing it or am I just ghetto? I like the nylint tires and don't wanna buck up and buy the adapter's and widener's to go with a real rccrawler tire. just getting creative or am I like way in the past?

Nylint knuckles are weak, just take a half a millimeter off each side of your hexes, the nylints are an 11mm, clods are 12mm hex.

You can do it right or do it twice, big trucks cost aprx $600 to $1000
Depends on how much stuff you can fab up your self. If your not going to compete with it, you can Booty fab everything and you will never know the differance.

show some pics of your truck with the mods.

I B..

I've got about 700 into it, and don't have good wheel's, tires, adjustable motor mount's, or pinions. I made my own chassis. I'm not asking how much it cost's, I know that, just wondering if anybody else has done this yet. I know the knuckles are weak I blew them apart in nylint form, but the nylint is heavier. This is a free mod, when they break all I have to do is bolt back on the clod outers. I do have about 5 set's of nylint knuckles to break, so what's to be lost?

darius said:
I've got about 700 into it, and don't have good wheel's, tires, adjustable motor mount's, or pinions. I made my own chassis. I'm not asking how much it cost's, I know that, just wondering if anybody else has done this yet. I know the knuckles are weak I blew them apart in nylint form, but the nylint is heavier. This is a free mod, when they break all I have to do is bolt back on the clod outers. I do have about 5 set's of nylint knuckles to break, so what's to be lost?
Time doing crap over. The nylint may be heavier, but I bet it doesn't have the torque of a low geared lathe motor.

darius,

I'm not saying don't do it, we could all be wrong, it might be the next big mod if it works. I have never had a nylint so I can't say it wont work, but I think you will be the first to try it, try it and let us all know if we need to go get some.

I B..

Well I know it's not the hot ticket, but 7 bills later it sound's pretty sweet to me. held up fine today, but whenever I get some 9t's I'm sure it won't be so cool. Not as sold on the nylint tires anymore though, the couple obstacles I was soo close to making before, I'm still not any closer with the nylint's.