• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nylint too flexy....

GrandZJ

I have moved the front and rear shock's inward' and cut off the bump stop's. Now my shock's keep pulling out. do I realy have to figure out limiting strap's for this pos? Is there a good way to fix this that you guy's know of? Or should I just keep putting them back in every time?:wtf:

Attachments

• pos 001.JPG
    pos 001.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 213
  • pos 002.JPG
    pos 002.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 212
  • pos 003.JPG
    pos 003.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 213
thank's

Dude said:
should fo left it alone. :;
Thank's for your help dude. It realy work's a lot better now that it can flex this much. I will just make some little limiting strap's and will remember not to ask for your advise.:flipoff: jk

I tried all the BS you see on RCC, they work the best stock with the belt mod and a few 1/16 holes drilled through the rim in the back for softer tires.

I made the same mistake with my first one then on my current one(3rd) I cut half the bump stop off and inboarded my shock's and it still pull's the coilovers apart. inboard the spring's and leave the bumpstops alone.

what is this belt mod you speak of?

"they work the best stock with the belt mod"
is there a place where I can see this mod in detail? My front one seem's to be slipping a little. Is there somthing better that can be used in it's place or are you refering to stock replacment belt's?

GrandZJ said:
"they work the best stock with the belt mod"
is there a place where I can see this mod in detail? My front one seem's to be slipping a little. Is there somthing better that can be used in it's place or are you refering to stock replacment belt's?
go get a 1 13/16" O rings, but don't bind it up or BOOM. :haha:

the belt mod is easy, just pop off the bottom half of you're diff's and take a look. you'll see how easy it is.

fixed it....

without limiting strap's even. I used some rubber tube with some screw's down the middle, screwed in as low as I could go with out the coil overs coming apart. I be R/C wheelin again:flipoff: next is the "O-RING" thing you were talking about, can I pick those up at the hardware store or auto part's store? my front end is slipping and get's worse every time I use it.:mad:I did take off the bottom of the front diff.,and see the pulley what's next? thank's for your help in advance Ryan

GrandZJ said:
without limiting strap's even. I used some rubber tube with some screw's down the middle, screwed in as low as I could go with out the coil overs coming apart. I be R/C wheelin again:flipoff: next is the "O-RING" thing you were talking about, can I pick those up at the hardware store or auto part's store? my front end is slipping and get's worse every time I use it.:mad:I did take off the bottom of the front diff.,and see the pulley what's next? thank's for your help in advance Ryan
fixin up a nylint is like shittin in the shower no matter what you do its going to be a big mess.
________
TS90

Last edited:
another smart azz....

rockmike said:
fixin up a nylint is like shittin in the shower no matter what you do its going to be a big mess.

thanx for your opinion, Im just workin with what I got. I put almost all of my money into my REAL rig. I know some of you chose to dump a sh!tload of cash into toy's but they will alway's be just that.:looser:

GrandZJ said:
thanx for your opinion, Im just workin with what I got. I put almost all of my money into my REAL rig. I know some of you chose to dump a sh!tload of cash into toy's but they will alway's be just that.:looser:
nice comeback grandzg sorry to be so harsh it was just my sick since of humor.Im with you on some guys get carried away with the rcs but thats there thing i too try to dump most of my money into the 1:1 rig because that is my passion.they are both akick in the ass.I think for the money a nylint has bang for the buck,but there not worrthey of cash injections like the tlt, clod, txt.IMO later.its a potentual thing.
________
Honda CB1300

Last edited:
Limiting Strap

One more super cheap way to keep shocks from coming apart. Used 1 zip tie, 4 screws and 3 minutes of my time.

Attachments

• 20t18w3.jpg
    20t18w3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 20t17gy.jpg
    20t17gy.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20t192s.jpg
    20t192s.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 94
Thanx Dood!

Hey thank's for the great idea, my bump stop's are working great.(I think my nylint has reached it's full flex potential) You mentioned in a P.M. you sent to me that there's a number to call for free part's on my nylint. I can't seem to find it, was it on the skid plate's? Because I tossed those can you post it up thank's Bro. later Ryan.:cool:

Number

GrandZJ said:
Hey thank's for the great idea, my bump stop's are working great.(I think my nylint has reached it's full flex potential) You mentioned in a P.M. you sent to me that there's a number to call for free part's on my nylint. I can't seem to find it, was it on the skid plate's? Because I tossed those can you post it up thank's Bro. later Ryan.:cool:

O.K. I think they got smart to us. I searched FUNRISE found the number(I think the number was on the bottom inside of the belly, mine is cut off)they seem like they might not be as good about it anymore. I would call and play dumb(bought this toy for my kid........)I got one of the first one's so I don't think they new what was going on yet. at the time they were great and didn't even ask when or where i purchased it . thay would ask my address and say It will be there in 2 weeks.(oh the good old days) anyway enough babbling the# is :censored: (800)-882-3808 :censored: Good Luck

I just called the Funrise toys # you listed. They verified my purchase was within the 90 day warranty and are sending me a complete fr. axle for free.
They were very nice and pleasant to deal with.

John

Still good service

Avanteone said:
I just called the Funrise toys # you listed. They verified my purchase was within the 90 day warranty and are sending me a complete fr. axle for free.
They were very nice and pleasant to deal with.

John

Thats how It was for me. Glad to see the service is still good!:cheer:

H3RESQ said:
O.K. I think they got smart to us. I searched FUNRISE found the number(I think the number was on the bottom inside of the belly, mine is cut off)they seem like they might not be as good about it anymore. I would call and play dumb(bought this toy for my kid........)I got one of the first one's so I don't think they new what was going on yet. at the time they were great and didn't even ask when or where i purchased it . thay would ask my address and say It will be there in 2 weeks.(oh the good old days) anyway enough babbling the# is :censored: (800)-882-3808 :censored: Good Luck
i wish it worked for me they put me on hold for a good 20 minutes then cut me off i didn't even get to talk to a person

On HOLD

baja-toy said:
i wish it worked for me they put me on hold for a good 20 minutes then cut me off i didn't even get to talk to a person

You have to get up early, call before all the lazy:asshole: get out of bed and start calling. Try calling at 9:15. Oh ya, dont forget to be polite:D

Latest posts