• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nylint charging issues...

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
Anyone have any issues with their batteries with the 1/6th nylint jeeps charging??? For some reason they don;t get charged or it's very little:eeek: I have 4 chargers... I know that one of them was/is bad, but this is rediculous if ALL of them are bad... I have 5 batteries and i can;t get any of them to charge:mad: :mad: :mad: What is my problem? I have had all 4 chargers, charging batteries over night. work up the next day tested them (i have numbers on the batteries and chargers to keep track of which is charged and not...) But it seems they're good for about 2-3 mins and then they're dead again:booo: There is a red light that comes on when i plug them in indicating they're dead, but i leave them over night and all except one (the broken one) show green lights indicating they're charged and ready to go? Have i ruined the batteries? I mean they're not like they're extremely old or over-used by any means...:booo:

Is there a fuse or something in the charger that goes bad? I have been half tempted to sell these things and get one good one... but who wants a RC car with batteries that don't charge.:redneck:

if you are having that much trouble, I would suspect that the batteries have developed a memory, if you are already thinking about getting a good one, I would start saving and just get one:cheer:

if you are having that much trouble, I would suspect that the batteries have developed a memory, if you are already thinking about getting a good one, I would start saving and just get one:cheer:

Ya, hmm... that sucks then, cus i usually kept them fully charged, and ran them down, them charged them, etc. I am sort of looking into one of the AX-10s as a starting point, they look like a nice platform to begin with...

Failed cell. No such thing as "memory" :awesomework: If you tear the pack apart and test you'll find the bad one(s), could possibly build a pack out of two bad sets.

Failed cell. No such thing as "memory" :awesomework: If you tear the pack apart and test you'll find the bad one(s), could possibly build a pack out of two bad sets.

so i can tear open the big black box and be ok? (i'm dumb when it comes to these things) it's just like the smaller RC cells just more of them put together, right?

so i can tear open the big black box and be ok? (i'm dumb when it comes to these things) it's just like the smaller RC cells just more of them put together, right?

Never seen one of the ones in question, but a battery pack is a battery pack. I'd wear some acid proof gloves though just in case you break open a cell.

check on ebay, i found batteries and chargers brand new for around 15 20 bucks, or check at pacific power batteries (i think thats the name) i saw the same kind of batteries at a booth they had set up some where. i wouldnt tear into the batterie if its the one i think it is, the one that looks like a miniature sealed car battery

check on ebay, i found batteries and chargers brand new for around 15 20 bucks, or check at pacific power batteries (i think thats the name) i saw the same kind of batteries at a booth they had set up some where. i wouldnt tear into the batterie if its the one i think it is, the one that looks like a miniature sealed car battery

ya, it's the car battery style, that's why i was a little confues/apprehensive about breaking it open :haha: I just don;'t want to try and replace 4-5 batteries at $15 each when i could use that money plus money from selling mine off to fund a nicer one...

wanna buy my nylint? lol.

ya, it's the car battery style, that's why i was a little confues/apprehensive about breaking it open :haha: I just don;'t want to try and replace 4-5 batteries at $15 each when i could use that money plus money from selling mine off to fund a nicer one...

wanna buy my nylint? lol.

Oh. Ya. Don't break open a gel cell. Didn't know those little toys used those batteries. :redneck:

the battery on a Nylint 1/6th scale is the same as a 12v motorcycle battery.

You can use any 12 volt trickle charger to charge one, if you have a battery charger for your car you have a charger for your 1/6th scale Nylint. I have used a 10 amp car battery charger before.

BTW these batteries have no memory either, they can just go bad like any car battery. The biggest thing that kills them is letting the battery set for a long time discharged.

yeah just sell them off, they are fun to screw around with but if your serious about playing with one i would get a nice one, i got mine for free so im just gonna beat the crap out of them till i can afford a nice one!!!

Latest posts