• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

OEM Style Crimp Connectors - Where?

84Toyota4x4

I dont know what else to call them. Im looking for QUALITY crimp connectors for a large wiring project I have coming up (custom wiring harness for a car), and I dont like using the cheesy PVC/Vinyl insulated connectors. Normally I get the non-insulated and just solder the terminals and use heat shrink over them. This is rather time consuming, but does a great job and looks good.

Anyway, Ive been searching through all my suppliers (Del City, Waytek, Trick, etc) trying to find someone who sells an OEM style insulated crimp connector. Im talking about the style you would see on any professionaly manufactured part (voltage regulator, RC electric motors, etc). Theyre a crimped connector, with a clear silicone/rubber insulator. I FINALLY found a motorcycle company that sells a "kit" for repairing OEM connectors after TONS of Google searching, but I would have to buy more kits than I want to finish my job. I would rather buy them in "bulk" if possible. I have a few different sizes Im looking for, so a catalog would be best.

So, if anyone knows of a place to get them, PLEASE let me know. Thanks in advance!

~T.J.

EDIT: Added a picture of the ones Im looking for

Last edited:
Im not looking for water proof. I want the OEM look. Im rewiring a whole car after a theft. Basically all I need are the boots. The terminals are just basic non-insulated crimp terminals. I just cant find the boots for them anywhere.

~T.J.

try innerstate battery off of 4th and 128th in Everett go in back to the wholesale dept.talk to eric.they will have what your looking for.hope this help's

Mazda RX-7. The thieves cut all the harnesses under the hood when they were stripping the engine bay. Ive already repaired the straight cuts, I just need to put new ends on the wires after I extend them again, and I want them to look semi OEM style, not that cheesy Radio Shack vinyl insulated connector looking crap.

~T.J.

Another example of the connectors Im looking for... These things are IMPOSSIBLE to find!

~T.J.

Last edited:
I cut the hard plastic insulation off normal crimp connectors, crimp, solder and use heat shrink to insulate the terminal. Comes out much cleaner than just smashing on the NAPA/Radio Shack crimp connectors.

Aircraft use crimp connectors for splices and terminals. They're called "moisture proof splices/terms". Try Crown Aviation in Everett.

I cut the hard plastic insulation off normal crimp connectors, crimp, solder and use heat shrink to insulate the terminal. Comes out much cleaner than just smashing on the NAPA/Radio Shack crimp connectors.

Aircraft use crimp connectors for splices and terminals. They're called "moisture proof splices/terms". Try Crown Aviation in Everett.
As I said, thats what I normally do it, but with the number of connections that I need to do, I would like an "easier" way to do it.

Thanks for the tip.

~T.J.