• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Off-road trailer build!! How to make 450 bucks of a 15 dollar deal..

Silverado.on.rockstars

We'll, playing on craigslist while I was supposed to be getting work done like usual, I saw an ad for a trailer for sale about 10 minutes from the house. Next thing I know, I'm calling up four buddies to go get a sight unseen trailer with me for a trade for a bare, used, cordless dewalt reciprocating saw that needed a blade, a battery, and a button. I figured "hey, how bad can it be?" We'll boys and girls, worse then expected. The guy told me to bring a trailer because the tires weren't "in useable shape. I asked the demensions and told him I had two other trailers, big one and another one that won't fit my rZr really we'll, but gets the job done if I take off the ramp. He assured me it would all be fine and it should fit on the small one no problem, but I might need a come along to get it on the trailer. So I go out to no mans land. Take a right on a gravel road, then the road runs out. I stop and call the guy and he says "I'm onna zuki 125 fo-wheela comin yo way, seeya" I'm thinking "thank god Im packing heat, this can go a few ways and only one is good." We'll. sure enough. Little blue shitter pulls up beside me and tells me to follow him to the "trayla". So we get way out here, on a dirt and gravel road, probably mixed with nails to the trayla. He tells me just to go to the back of the barn and park in front of the tall grass. At which point I was completely lost. But I went along. Pulled back, showed him the dewalt, and he excepted it. Began pulling the trailer out of the grass. 5 of us pushing, the trailer barely moving. Thank god I have a winch mounted in my bed. I pull out the wire and wrap it to the coupler, rough as HELL. Finally. After pulling forward with the winch, and using a 54" farm jack to constantly move the trailer right, it's on the gate. At which point, it doesn't fit!!! We screwed around and got the 2 bottle jacks in my toolbox and began jacking up the tires to go on the angle iron sides of the trailer, as the trailer begins to look even worse. Finally, end up using the winch in my bed for pulling forward, the farm jack for pulling side ways, the winch in the rear bumper to compensate the jacks height problem, and 2 bottle jacks, it's loaded. It was awful, but I was home free with a basically free trailer.
pydydady.jpg
eze5ene5.jpg

So I get it home, and began looking around. But you know what? I knew it was a piece of truck bed frame, then I realized it was a truck bed rear diff, which wouldn't move, thanks to it being full of gears and locked up brakes.. And oh my gosh. This is a Dana 60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went out there and began looking at all that fd up excuse for a top they put. Thin sheet metal, fence posts, and 1" pipe. Genius. Once agin pulling out the rear bumper winch (truck won't fit in back yard, only the jeep) the day we went I had two of my buddies drive the jeep, just so you don't get confused. The rear winch is in it. Left that out earlier. Anyway, we flipped over the trailer and after cutting angle, pipe, and fence post, after a **** ton of oxy/acetylene, plasma cutter, and more money in grinder disks than I care to
Mention, I had the top off, still unsure of my plans though

Began considering the posibilities after a while, decided I may as we'll weld the rear end I put In and build it up right for the mountain to haul behind the jeep, rZr. Whatever. Anyway, now I'm looking for some rims and 33s. Think it'll be pretty bad ass. I layed the new flooring today and am bed lining tomorrow, along with a new coupler. Had to cut the old one off more them expect. It was a bolt on coupler, welded on 6 times. Awful job. Kinda looked like the popular f-toy we've all seen and heard about lately ;) rusted through too. So tomorrow, gonna chase the new coupler and ISO some wheels and tires. Let me know if you've got any for sale!

The gears were still in the Dana 60. Dana 60 sold for 450. Plus the tires were **** and it's heavy enough three grown men couldn't flip it over. Plus, I know I know it's not a crawler thing. But I think it'd be a cool thing to have to haul behind the xj, up the mountain, behind the rZr, etc. Ya know what I'm sayin? Propane, grill, tools, coolers. Audio box. Sorry if you think it's ****. Just thought it was a neat idea. I'll delete it if you don't like it

The 450 was from the Dana 60 that was in it.

If it's to damn heavy for 3 grown men to flip over how the hell you expect your RZR to pull it up a mountain?

Muddinmetal I'd like to meet that individual bc I got a lotta **** I'd like to sell/pawn off on him

The axle was full. The had tons of excess metal. I've got it down to frame and leafs. Now Is around 50-60 pounds. The rear end it rebuilt for cheap before selling. And it was in good condition. The total weight will be around 180. The rear end was rebuilt as part of the deal. Chill. I mean. The case was good and gears were good and rebuilt. Sand blasted. Painted. Good condition. Gah. Nothing but bashes from this forum.

I'm not a shitty fab guy like we've seen so many of lately. I'm just following a different route then most of y'all. If you don't like it, look past it, if you like it, give some input. Not hard, giys

I think the confusion came in that you never said you sold the 60 in either of your original posts. I was wondering what was going on also.

Silverado.on.rockstars said:
The axle was full. The had tons of excess metal. I've got it down to frame and leafs. Now Is around 50-60 pounds. The rear end it rebuilt for cheap before selling. And it was in good condition. The total weight will be around 180. The rear end was rebuilt as part of the deal. Chill. I mean. The case was good and gears were good and rebuilt. Sand blasted. Painted. Good condition. Gah. Nothing but bashes from this forum.

Don't be mad at us because you ****ed some guy on a $150 rear end... A damn built one wont even bring $200 here: http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=30770.msg366572#msg366572