• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Officer Assualted at Evans Creek Today

I was up there saturday and saw several park rangers, pierce county deputies, and even a state patrol officer flying up the road to the day use area across from the campground. Not sure what happended but there were at least 6-7 officers there. Evan's was pretty crazy this weekend and I would want just as much backup if I were an officer if someone was getting out of hand up there.

that is pretty close to the story I got, but would not be told why the person was arrested, then asked how I knew about the whole stuation? I was told by a FS officer that is a friend, there were 6 agencies involved including the WSP. not just one cop and an arrest.:rolleyes:

he was however pollitly tring to not give all the details.:beer:

Evans incident.

Let the forest service and the deputies do there job. if you happen to be addressed by one of them its yes mam or sir and do the nice thing and thank them for doing the hardest job out their. dealing with people who hate them. If you have a problem with what they got to say, on the back of the green papper bottem box put an check in the box and tell it to the
Juge. Carry on with your day . how hard is that????????
They dont come to your job and slap the **** out of your mouth and tell you how to do your job so don't do it to them..... my 2x

Well said, attitude is everything! I understand many are upset with the mud flap thing but get over it, don't be a ****, and if you get a ticket go to court...it really is that simple. On the side note. If you see a Cop getting assaulted you BETTER get in that mess and kick the crap out of the aggressor. Remember, these are the people that get murderers, rapists, cranksters, nut-jobs, and those that harm your loved ones off the street. I just don't understand how someone can sit and root for some POS that assaults an LEO. My 2x.

I haven't--I never let myself get into those situations.....

back your trailer up to the trail head or you will have those problems at Evans. your truck is not legal for the roads or lower parking lot at evans.:booo:

dont you wheel mostly at reiter? thats were you can do whatever you want, right? I mean you guys make new trails weekly up there and its embraced.:cheer:

get out of line down here and it will cost you. even if you beat it you still get to drive down here for court and waste a day.:mad:

its old, its dumb and:rb:

and thats why so many people get EXTREMELY fired up when the Elbe issues come up. Elbe is not FS, but DNR like reiter. I have enjoyed evans for years, but use mostly Elbe now. too much involvement at Evans.

Im glad they have no budget for stump parkin tickets let alone mudflap and seat bolt tickets at Elbe. if so it will surely turn into another Evans, then morph into another Tahuya!:rb:

If you see a Cop getting assaulted you BETTER get in that mess and kick the crap out of the aggressor.

I agree that you should help LEO's if they need it however keep in mind that you could be charged with assault too. I'm prety sure it's illegal for you to attack another person.
Maybe it would be safe to do so if you asked the officer first if they want help?

back your trailer up to the trail head or you will have those problems at Evans. your truck is not legal for the roads or lower parking lot at evans.:booo:

dont you wheel mostly at reiter? thats were you can do whatever you want, right? I mean you guys make new trails weekly up there and its embraced.:cheer:

get out of line down here and it will cost you. even if you beat it you still get to drive down here for court and waste a day.:mad:

its old, its dumb and:rb:

and thats why so many people get EXTREMELY fired up when the Elbe issues come up. Elbe is not FS, but DNR like reiter. I have enjoyed evans for years, but use mostly Elbe now. too much involvement at Evans.

Im glad they have no budget for stump parkin tickets let alone mudflap and seat bolt tickets at Elbe. if so it will surely turn into another Evans, then morph into another Tahuya!:rb:

I wheel all over the state--and out of state..... I have never ever had a problem

I agree that you should help LEO's if they need it however keep in mind that you could be charged with assault too. I'm prety sure it's illegal for you to attack another person.
Maybe it would be safe to do so if you asked the officer first if they want help?

Good point. From all the accounts I have seen/heard about but all the cases I have heard about was the case of helping an officer subdue(sp) a person.. I would step in and help if that was the case----its just the right thing to do.....

Remember, these are the people that get murderers, rapists, cranksters, nut-jobs, and those that harm your loved ones off the street.

no they dont, only a few do that, the rest are busy generating revenue.

when I asked the sherrif why they arent busting my tweeker neighbors, he just said they already got ****ed for the dope, so its not there more than likely and they are dangerous and have no assets worth pursuing.:booo:

what have cops done for you?:corn:

what ever came of the guy that got robbed at Evans by local thugs in a subaru? where was the FLAP POLICE THEN? they werent there, it wasnt a nice weekend or holiday, so no police. no revenue in one ticket, but lots of revenue in several tickets. :looser:

nobody deserves to get an assbeatin unless they see present danger and are STUPID enough to provoke it.:masturbanana[1]:

just my .02 cents, barely.

I havent been ticketed at evans or anywhere for anything illegal on my vehicles. My rant was aimed at why is it LEO's get to pick and choose what is important enough to respond to when it is a non violent crime. I am always respectful and calm to everyone reguardless of their job or uniform. I am just pissed that they pick the easy route on enforcing the laws. I dont envy a cops job and know the violent end of it is hard, plus they have huge amounts of liability that we dont. I have a good friend that is a seattle K-9 in south central seattle, I know the toughness of the job, but dont like the choices they make most of the time. I also know how they function and why they take the gravy route, less paperwork. If trying to help an officer down you are putting yourself at risk of being arrested as well, like mentioned earlier. Especially when back up arrives. Arrest first , ask questions later.

Evans incident

I wasn't implying assaulting the agressor just because of what they are doing, mearly helping to detain. If force is used, it should only be the necessary amount. Besides you should be justified, it's called good faith! Try to find a cop let alone some liberal Prosecutor that will place charges on you for helping when he/she's getting assaulted.

Last edited:
Try to find a cop let alone some liberal Prosecutor that will place charges on you for helping when he/she's getting assaulted.

It would be easier than you think.........In the process of helping the LEO the "law breaker" gets physically hurt, can't work for the rest of his life and sues the police dept for millions....Guess who the PD is going to pin the suit on?
Like I said, if I saw a LEO in trouble and I could help I would. Just saying it could be more trouble than it's worth..

its funny how when one or two wheelin folks break rules and a nerd snaps pictures of it, it starts a which hunt. again, one bad apple blah, blah, blah.

but when law enforcement has ONE BAD APPLE, it seems the which hunters get flamed for pointing out the obvious.

I made fun of the mud flap patrol, cuz he had it coming. last time I camped at evans, he was yelling at kids ridind 50s around. Little kids. not teenagers or adults. leave them alone. they are harmless.

the guy doesnt like people up there and will try to discourage folks from coming back.

WAKE UP ITS WORKIN. get rid of Dan the Man.:awesomework: :awesomework:

I think today's younger generation of wheeler just has a complete lack of respect.

Most of the younger generation, your right. You dont here from the rest of us very often.

My experience with LEO's- you are going to get talked too if you have a modified rig, just accept it. Doesnt matter if you trailer ect., there is always something. Just be respectful, fix what they ask for, and go on with wheelin.

I've been going to Evans for years with no problems with cop or rangers but the one time I did need them they are'nt there. My brother in law was beat and had a quad stolen when we were at camp. He was missing for 4 hours and all the camp was looking for him. It turned out that 3 trucks came up beside him after he slid off the road. My brother in law thoght they were there to help but that was not the case. They beat him and drove him around for hours and of corse took the quad. Guess what the cops said? He should't have been riding by him self and he is lucky to be alive. He was on the 311 trail maybe 2 minutes from camp. Cops didn't evan take a statement they said we need to go to the station to do that. My brother in law had a broken collar bone, bit through his tong, bleeding spleen, and drank a gallon of his own blood. I wish they were there for real resons not mudflaps

I've been going to Evans for years with no problems with cop or rangers but the one time I did need them they are'nt there. My brother in law was beat and had a quad stolen when we were at camp. He was missing for 4 hours and all the camp was looking for him. It turned out that 3 trucks came up beside him after he slid off the road. My brother in law thoght they were there to help but that was not the case. They beat him and drove him around for hours and of corse took the quad. Guess what the cops said? He should't have been riding by him self and he is lucky to be alive. He was on the 311 trail maybe 2 minutes from camp. Cops didn't evan take a statement they said we need to go to the station to do that. My brother in law had a broken collar bone, bit through his tong, bleeding spleen, and drank a gallon of his own blood. I wish they were there for real resons not mudflaps

Glad he's alive!!

:corn:

and to add= the atvers get away with murder. if you build a rig your a disrespectful hick.

if you have credit, you can be a stupid atver and just play dumb, and get away with murder and play the ignorant card to the fullest.:beer:

edit, I have atvs and have done this many times, it works great! act dumb in a truck and they will make up laws, then when you suddenly get smarter than led on to, they will call you a smart ass for calling them on the made up laws and write you for everything.:beer:

Last edited:

there was no revenue to be made here, sorry:booo:

and to add= the atvers get away with murder. if you build a rig your a disrespectful hick.

if you have credit, you can be a stupid atver and just play dumb, and get away with murder and play the ignorant card to the fullest.:beer:

edit, I have atvs and have done this many times, it works great! act dumb in a truck and they will make up laws, then when you suddenly get smarter than led on to, they will call you a smart ass for calling them on the made up laws and write you for everything.:beer:

What is an "atver"?