• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Officer Assualted at Evans Creek Today

Oh...ok...I get it now.

You see it was your non-capitalization of the acronym "ATV" that caused the confusion, in other words, your dumb hick ass needs to learn Engrish like the rest of the ESL mofo

GOOD POINT AMJ!!!!

lol...Save the bitching for the bitchbox....

As for breaking the laws..

if the fire burns..take your hand away from it..plain n simple..

I understand all of that..

but lets say one of the many rootballs up there rip off a flare..you pick up your new trash n throw it in the back...then you get nailed for not having it on..umm..sorry officer DAN..I didnt mean for that root ball to jump out n rip that off!!

Were there to have fun and YES..FOLLOW THE LAWS!!

But what are they there for?

To go home and laugh at how many people they ticketed?

I live next to the southhill copshop..I can sit here n listen to those pricks talk on there bullhorns across the parking lot about how many tickets they gave out the night before...

Not cool at all! But I guess it goes with the compensating job...

but lets say one of the many rootballs up there rip off a flare..you pick up your new trash n throw it in the back...then you get nailed for not having it on..umm..sorry officer DAN..I didnt mean for that root ball to jump out n rip that off!!

Were there to have fun and YES..FOLLOW THE LAWS!!

But what are they there for?

To go home and laugh at how many people they ticketed?

I live next to the southhill copshop..I can sit here n listen to those pricks talk on there bullhorns across the parking lot about how many tickets they gave out the night before...

Not cool at all! But I guess it goes with the compensating job...

Grab the duct tape or be ready for a ticket. I know when I blew out the stock tail light in Yota I was always ready to get a ticket on the way.

Maybe they do brag about the tickets they hand out but don't most people talk about work? The car salesman isn't going to brag? The realestate agent about selling a house? You would be amazed with how many of them would rather cruise around and not have to write tickets :;

as stated, when the LEO's are in your face, you say.. Yes sir, No sir.

But, those LEO's up at evans MAKE **** UP!

I drove my junk up there a few weeks ago from Puyallup, all back roads.
I get within 2 miles of Evans, and i pull over cause there was a truck riding my ass.
He pulls up to me and says that "that thing is nowhere close to being street legal". I played dumb and ask, "why, whats wrong". He tells me there are at LEAST 10 things wrong with your rig. He started to rattle off a few things.

Mud flaps - OK.

Fender flares - on my rig.. maybe (front sticks out a bit)

Front bumper - OK, but i want every 4x4 in a construction site ticketed, I see minimum 6 diesels every day that are lifted and the front bumper 3 feet or more off the ground.

No Rear view mirrow -Sorry last time i checked you only have to have 2, as long as 1 in on the drivers side.. I have a rear view mirror on each door. its a damn SUV, i can't see anyting out the back window anyway

Exhaust is too loud - nissan V6 with new Cat and muffler, been through emissions, passed and they didn't complain. (its not loud)

and a few other things that i blanked out (cause they were BS)

BUT.. get this....... my home brew bead locks are OK!!!!!!! (i asked)

I didn't argue with him (cause he said I won't ticket you this time, but the next one.....)

I live next to Pierce County Police in puyallup.
I have had 3 cops sitting around me at the intersection in my rig and nothing.. but then i get told a bunch of BS by a LO ranger.. I stated to him, that i live next to pierce county and they don't bother me. He said, well they don't know what to look for.

I know my rig isn't 100% legal, i took my chances as it is safe, and everything works (all lights, blinkers..etc).

But to have somebody tell you BLATENT LIES is not cool. Educate people with the real laws

Just my 2cents.. for people.. the LEO's up there do make up their own rules.

I've been pulled over for...

No mudflaps

No fender flares

No fenders

No tabs

Multiple times by the State Patrol, Sultan Police, Pierce County Sheriff...never been given a single ticket or written warning :eeek:

It seems that you folks being hassled should educate yourself on the RCW's and perhaps have a printed copy on hand so that when questions arise during a detour to the side of the road with some of Washingtons finest you can speak intelligently about the legal aspects of your quality 4x4 vehicle.

So what were the blatant lies? Yeah he was wrong about the rear view mirror but if you get a ticket for that then go to court...

Blatant lies= exhuast too loud, beadlocks are OK, and my center rear view mirror.. and he said that the Pierce county cops don't know what they are talking about.:eeek:

I didn't argue, I know the laws, and i was prepared to get a ticket. (i'm gratefull he didn't ticket me, thats why i was so polite).

But what if I was less knowledgable, and was just told that my homebrew beadlocks were OK by this LEO. I drive them around, a state trooper pulls me over and tickets me. What is my argument going to be?

Do you need to backup to the trailhead and unload onto the trail to be legal or what? just asking? cause if you get a ticket for uloading in that area it is pretty chickenshit. IMO

No but the "Lot" at the entrance is not a parking lot its just turned into one over the years. The sign right there pretty much sets the rule and its not to hard to understand. and if I am hearing right the sherrif is not getting people for being on that road hes getting them for coming off of the highway in an illegal manner.

Blatant lies= exhuast too loud, beadlocks are OK, and my center rear view mirror.. and he said that the Pierce county cops don't know what they are talking about.:eeek:
You're exhaust 100% stock? Maybe it's too loud, maybe it isn't. Get a ticket for it and you have the option to go to court and make your case........Now the Pierce county cops don't know what their talking about? In your last post they just didn't know what to look for. Now who's the one with the lies?....

But what if I was less knowledgable, and was just told that my homebrew beadlocks were OK by this LEO. I drive them around, a state trooper pulls me over and tickets me. What is my argument going to be?
My interpretation of when a cop tells me something is OK means you don't get a ticket for it right here and now. Maybe that cop isn't familliar with the RCW? Maybe the local ordinances allow for it, Who knows? Doesn't mean you won't get busted for it down the road...
You have no argument. If you get a ticket for something legit with a listed RCW or WAC infraction it's your fault. Ignorance of the law is no argument.

OK as promised here are the facts. There was someone camped in the campground (only person not there for the fun run) that had left their camp with a fire going (illegal) the fire had fallen out of the pit and was burning on the ground. One of the FS seasonal employees that take care of the park was doing his rounds when he noticed the fire. He proceeded to put the fire out. In the meantime the camper came back and started getting agitated (circleing fists clenched) making threats that "if you wernt a #%$@ offficer I would" kind of BS. The ranger left and went down to the dayuse area and called for an officer. The camper was arrested for threatning a federal employee and off to jail he went. These are the facts directly from my contact with the FS. Now lets keep any further comments on the topic at hand and I wont have to lock it down again.:awesomework: Thanks Jim

I have went up to evans for a couple mid-week recoveries and had the LEO's full blessing's for assiting......I think most people that have trouble is from the atitude when first apporached by leo