• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Official King Of Hammers (KOH) Thread

YOUNG said:
Hell yeah he did. Bobby killed it and screaming blue sounded sweet echoing down in there.

Would have been awesome if screaming blue could pass tech. Just easily cruise the whole race, just fast enough to get finished before the time cut off.

Re: Re: Official King Of Hammers (KOH) Thread

whiskeymakin said:
:****:
I'm kind of thinking the same. He may be a cool nice guy and all but he is just throwing money away....good thing for wod tho!
Haven't heard of anyone having a good outcome with finishing a rig right before taking it out there.

I don't think he beat shannon on that trail, Shannon had a few issues throughout the day.

25f035ef3d27e182575253e141bebbf4.jpg

12 hours in a buggy has got to be rough! Congrats Timmie Cole RWR and EOR!

Congrats to Cameron & Shirley :dblthumb:
A true driver and co-dog doing it for the love of the sport, not fame.

True players thumb.gif. my hats off!!!!

That's a hell of a finish for their first race. By the way Tripp was talking during qualifying, they will be looking for a more qualified builder after this race. :wtflol:

I heard that also, that makes no sense at all, Who started that bs???? If you didn't win the race then beating every other racer up one particular obstacle doesn't really matter anything, but whatever floats your boat. I was really hoping to see both of the tn boys finish. Probably just goes to show how hard the race actually is to finish.

That being said I got to thinking last night, I wonder if these cars have gotten a little to much technology built into them now. I wonder what a rig with the basics on it would do in the big race, Carb, mechanical fuel pumps, hei distributor, no electronics other than a gps because lets face it, it would be easy to get lost out there. You know just really simplify the crap out of them, then over build a couple of axles with some 2" stubs and 40 spline inners. Never know might not be any better but might just be dependable enough to get it finished any way.???????

Elliott said:
I heard that also, that makes no sense at all, Who started that bs???? If you didn't win the race then beating every other racer up one particular obstacle doesn't really matter anything, but whatever floats your boat. I was really hoping to see both of the tn boys finish. Probably just goes to show how hard the race actually is to finish.

That being said I got to thinking last night, I wonder if these cars have gotten a little to much technology built into them now. I wonder what a rig with the basics on it would do in the big race, Carb, mechanical fuel pumps, hei distributor, no electronics other than a gps because lets face it, it would be easy to get lost out there. You know just really simplify the crap out of them, then over build a couple of axles with some 2" stubs and 40 spline inners. Never know might not be any better but might just be dependable enough to get it finished any way.???????

Ritchie said it at his end of race interview.

It went something like this-

They were interviewing him and said what went wrong? And he responded-
We could sit around and talk about what didn't work and what went wrong, But today, I want to talk about something else. Plowboy racing and all of our sponsors made history out here. We beat shannon cambell up THE BACK DOOR.

*end of interview*

Got to almost give him credit for that, that's straight out of Shannon Campbell's play book, never ever make your sponsors look bad. That's kinda of a good way to get out of saying what parts broke or malfunctioned, got to give the man props for that call.