• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Official King Of Hammers (KOH) Thread

So, does this mean I really shouldn't carry my Sami next year? :****: he'll my junk breaks unloading off the trailer sometimes.

I had a jeep that I broke twice is the back yard. Bad breaks too. All on flat ground no trails mud or anything like that

WTH said:
Compared to the other 2 announcers I didn't mind Tripp. I REALLY got tired of hearing all the put downs of the southern rigs.

For those that have been out there what is it really like as far as the west-east coast thing? Is it a lot trash talking that goes on or was all that talk just for the back door shootout?

99% of the east/west and ultra/bouncer **** talking was at the Shootout. There were just as many west/ultra4 "fails" as there were east/bouncer on back door. Other than that it was whoever you wanted to cheer for. During the main race most just cheered for whoever was on the obstacle they were observing at the time.

WTH said:
Compared to the other 2 announcers I didn't mind Tripp. I REALLY got tired of hearing all the put downs of the southern rigs.

For those that have been out there what is it really like as far as the west-east coast thing? Is it a lot trash talking that goes on or was all that talk just for the back door shootout?

the west vs east is seriously the keyboard wheelers, only trash talk I heard was normal **** talking ribbing we do all the time on trails. I think the east vs west is great for koh publicity. It's been cool seeing more and more bouncers coming over to compete in the shoot out its good for your sport and ours. Me being from the upperleft west coast was stoked to see a bouncer win the shootout. There shouldn't be a hill in the country you boys can't kill us on. I know Tripp drives you guys nuts but I think he'd be hilarious to get drunk with around a campfire

There seems to be a lot of people that know how to win KOH in this thread. I'm honored to be in the company of so much greatness.

patooyee said:
There seems to be a lot of people that know how to win KOH in this thread. I'm honored to be in the company of so much greatness. Jus' sayin'.

I do. It's simple really. Be the first to leave and first to cross finish line. Don't do donuts in pits and jeopardize yourself to a time penalty.

Slawson. But it wasnt "donuts" it was a super hot U-turn, which in turn roosted Shannons pit while they were under the car pulling the trans from what I've gathered. He goosed it to turn the car around into his pit, the way the pit it happened at was set up. You had to pull a uturn either before getting into your spot or after to be leaving in the right direction.

The way Miller came in to cross the finish line I thought he was getting in trouble with Dave, maybe just a hand slap

Lurker said:
Slawson. But it wasnt "donuts" it was a super hot U-turn, which in turn roosted Shannons pit while they were under the car pulling the trans from what I've gathered. He goosed it to turn the car around into his pit, the way the pit it happened at was set up. You had to pull a uturn either before getting into your spot or after to be leaving in the right direction.

I would have beed pissed. Look at the marks on the ground verses Campbells car in pit being worked on. Not sportsman at all.

1642674d1423441528-koh-main-race-img_51595482467369.jpeg

JohnG said:
I would have beed pissed. Look at the marks on the ground verses Campbells car in pit being worked on. Not sportsman at all.

Looking at the picture, he slung it around pretty good. As far as the spare hangs off the back of a bomber I betcha there wasn't enough room to stand between it and the front driver tire of Shannons car

Im sure the full story will come out soon enough. Someone said they have video of it as well, but haven't seen it posted up anywhere yet. Shannon apparently told Dave to handle the Slawson matter, or he would. As for Miller coming over the finish line, I saw the live feed and the first thing he did was apologize to Dave and make sure he was good.

matth_85 said:
I do. It's simple really. Be the first to leave and first to cross finish line. Don't do donuts in pits and jeopardize yourself to a time penalty.

Then it would appear you don't know how to win. You can in fact do donuts in the pit and win. :flipoff1:

Randy Slawson is the biggest Dbag I've ever been around in the wheeling community. I got to see him in action first hand out at Hot Springs Ar a few years ago showing off. Everyone was parked off the main road and for some reason he decided to do a 90+MPH turn feet from a rig full of kids throwing rocks all over them. I guess once wasn't good enough being he had to come by and give them another dose of it a few minutes later.

He does build some bad ass rigs but he is still a Dbag in my books. Not that my opinion means anything. ::)

Re: Re: Official King Of Hammers (KOH) Thread

JohnG said:

I just like the "4wd" floor jack in front of Campbell's rig.

patooyee said:
Then it would appear you don't know how to win. You can in fact do donuts in the pit and win. :flipoff1:

Something tells me the dust hasn't settled quite yet. But we will see.

matth_85 said:
Something tells me the dust hasn't settled quite yet. But we will see.

Haha, nice pun. So you think they would take the W and give it to Miller for that?