• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

? on Bobby's axles......

zukkev

Cornfuzzled yet again...
I'm pretty sure I cracked a bell, and want to upgrade whilst it's apart...
I'd love to be able to pick up a set of his latest creation.....but it's not in the cards for me at the moment (Unless he'd be willing to trade for a BBC block & heads ready for assembly!!!:D --hint,hint)...
Sooooo, this brings my ?; How are the 1st Gen cryos compared to the stockers? I won't be runnin anything larger than 35's; I don't have alot of exp with the aftermarket yota stuff and was hoping ya'll would enlighten me.....the reason I'm entertaining this is a set is available if I want them.....at a good price(affordable to me at this time)...
Any insight would be greatly appreciated....

Last edited:
I may have posted this in the wrong section...Sorry!!:redneck: Mods may move this if desired!!!

man anything less then his newest ones in my opinion is a waste of your money.. I watch my bro bounce his front end under full squirrel power with 39.5 tires and they have been holding together..

my $.02

I know it suck when you have to do things 2 or 3 times over instead of holding out for the proper parts..

good luck :beer:

Appreciate your .02; I just can't afford 'em right now---but would like to do something to improve strength for now; like I said, no bigger than 35's (and no boggers)....anyone else with their opinion on the 1st gens? over stockers????:corn: or roccrawler, are they(cryos) stronger than stock???

Last edited:
bobby's earlier models are definitely upgrades from stockers, but like the man said above, nothing beats the 30spl 4340/300M version. few have managed to break them.

i understand that it's a bit pricey, so if you get a set of the earlier generation longs, remember to go easy on them, but they're FAR better than stock. i say go for it for now, and save up for the 30spl... or i guess just save your money and have patience. enjoy!:awesomework:

i have a buddy that has the 1st gen i beleive. (heated and cryo'ed stock brifs?) with one of those high dollar lc motors, 5.29's 38x14.50 tsl sx's. his driving style consists of putting the balls to the wall. and hes yet to break one. i have the newest style and have no complaints whatsoever. ive broken a few ring and pinions, but no more birfs, or inner shafts. i think youd be fine with the 1st gen set and 35's. but if you can scrape up enough cash, id go with the super set.

bobby's earlier models are definitely upgrades from stockers, but like the man said above, nothing beats the 30spl 4340/300M version. few have managed to break them.

i understand that it's a bit pricey, so if you get a set of the earlier generation longs, remember to go easy on them, but they're FAR better than stock. i say go for it for now, and save up for the 30spl... or i guess just save your money and have patience. enjoy!:awesomework:

I'd love to save my $ for the latest, but I've got to get this fixed before Trail Jam, and I don't see myself w/ the extra $ to get the latest ones now.....:booo: like I said before, unless......(oh Bobby!!!:redneck: :haha: )

My buddy has a good stock set for a 100 dollar bill. That will get you back to wheelin and you can start saving up for the 30 sliners. I can already tell you he doesnt have a use for the engine. Everything he has runs like a raped ape already.

I'm pretty sure I cracked a bell, and want to upgrade whilst it's apart...
I'd love to be able to pick up a set of his latest creation.....but it's not in the cards for me at the moment (Unless he'd be willing to trade for a BBC block & heads ready for assembly!!!:D --hint,hint)...
Sooooo, this brings my ?; How are the 1st Gen cryos compared to the stockers? I won't be runnin anything larger than 35's; I don't have alot of exp with the aftermarket yota stuff and was hoping ya'll would enlighten me.....the reason I'm entertaining this is a set is available if I want them.....at a good price(affordable to me at this time)...
Any insight would be greatly appreciated....

ZUK I believe you can take the stock pieces to Bobby and he will have them CRYOED for you, I dont know how this compares from metal to metal, but do know a cryo treatment will make a better setup, less brittle with strenght. I had my Yukon ring and pinions done this way to equel the 30 spline longfield axles, birfs, and hub gears. Mine is a trailer queen though, talk to him first and see what he says, he is very open to helping.

My buddy has a good stock set for a 100 dollar bill. That will get you back to wheelin and you can start saving up for the 30 sliners. I can already tell you he doesnt have a use for the engine. Everything he has runs like a raped ape already.

Thanks Brian, but I already have an extra set of stockers; and I could put the one in I need, but I'd like to get something in there that is abit stronger than stock-to help minimize the carnage....and still have my spares for just that, spares...the price is right on the 1st gens I'm getting(one is fresh, and the other doesn't have that many runs on it....);

I looked for them but didnt see any listed right now. they guy usually has em listed though. some cheap stock replacements though=20bucks. there was a thread on here bout them awile ago. good luck. :beer:

Yeah, I looked last night too---no findy!! Oh well, I'm gonna pick up the ones from my friend up here--->Mudmayhem101, thanks!!!
On a side note--the YJ he's parting out has some really cool **** on it, the 700r4 mated to twinsticked 300/231 combo is pretty cool; the motor is nice...
He's also got a PSC power steering setup (yota pump,) my buddy will likely buy----sounds like the tub sold....

Well, I took the front end apart to check the birfs----they're both in good condition with no play or cracks, so I've pretty much chalked it up to the lockrite not holding, hence the popping.....the housing was true when I built this axle last yr, and really haven't beat it hard, so I highly doubt it's tweeked.....
I guess I am just gonna run it for now as I don't have alot of extra $ to put into it...:booo: Anybody feel like donating an ARB???:D

Last edited:
It only pops occasionally, usually when goin downhill---the pins and springs were new last yr....but the teeth on the gears were abit worn and I knew this--:mad: guess that'll teach me...