• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Oops!

WHITE TRASH1

fruit stripe
Saw that, glad Ryan and his wife are all OK. I think he busted his Hi-Steer arm studs 3 times this weekend. Close call, as that had to have been one hell of a rollover.

Only broke studs once... 2 on the driver and 2 on the passenger side.. :D That didn't cause the accident though, the cinch bolt on the yota steering column came loose and allowed the whole steering shaft to slide out of the steering valve due to my not having the correct clip and retainer to hold it into position...... Lesson learned. The rig is a total loss outside of the running gear and maybe the frame but it did what it was supposed to do and kept us alive to wheel again.

Oh and by the way Porter... This roll beat the one we were in at moon rocks by a long shot.... :haha: Something about a 25ish foot drop onto the driver side upper part of the cage after traveling through tree's then rolling 2 3/4 times trumps the fawk out of our deal. :redneck:

Oh yea, it was definitely a ride.... When we landed everything that was secured in the rack came free and yard saled... Not that I'm surprised, we hit with a helluva lot of force where it all came out. Next incarnation will have steel lock boxes build into the chassis to prevent such an occurrence.

We only had our lap belts on at the time but that just changed from here on out I can guarantee you.......

I'm glad you and your wife were ok! I didn't realize it was you til later in the evening. Hope to see ya out again!

Really glad it held up that well for you! Could've been bad. Reinforces the importance of a solid cage anchored to frame!

Really glad it held up that well for you! Could've been bad. Reinforces the importance of a solid cage anchored to frame!

*cough* it was tied into the body only as I didn't have time to get the frame ties finished....*cough*

But yes, the next incarnation will be full-on tubing on frame construction. :cheer:

Before:
P9120021.jpg

During (borrowed from another thread):
TnCNaches421.jpg

TnCNaches425.jpg

TnCNaches427.jpg

TnCNaches472.jpg

After:
Back in the driveway
P9140066.jpg

Still sitting on the trailer
P9140040.jpg

P9140041.jpg

P9140042.jpg

P9140046.jpg

P9140047.jpg

passenger front shock bent
P9140044.jpg

drivers door
P9140048.jpg

passenger door
P9140056.jpg

P9140049.jpg

tunnel pulled away from the floor
P9140050.jpg

broken weld on driver rear shackle mount
P9140052.jpg

P9140053.jpg

bent leaf passenger side
P9140054.jpg

more:

broken body mount
P9140055.jpg

looking down on the passenger side quarter panel
P9140057.jpg

cage damage
P9140058.jpg

P9140059.jpg

P9140060.jpg

P9140062.jpg

passenger front shackle rear mount bent
P9140061.jpg

front passenger corner
P9140063.jpg

P9140065.jpg

P9140064.jpg

*cough* it was tied into the body only as I didn't have time to get the frame ties finished....*cough*

But yes, the next incarnation will be full-on tubing on frame construction. :cheer:

Wow, would not have expected that from how it held up :eek:

New respect for Toyota bodies :D:D:D

Toyota FLOORS are pretty strong, the cab is a piece of tinfoil not to be trusted... I got a truck once that had driven into a ditch and catapulted directly onto its roof, didn't even hurt the hood... The cab corners seperated from the back wall and the B pillars pushed out like an accordian... Kid got LUCKY as the steering wheel was sticking out of the windshield... :eek:

Trashy you can have one of the flamingos out of my yard .I need a excuss to get a bigger one anyways. I was thinking about one the size as the Flamingo in Sunnyside....lol

Your not the only one thinking about that flamingo... :haha:

We got the flamingo's as a wedding present from a friend... So it was more sentimental value. :D

:haha: Thats almost a compliment coming from you... But yea she's a bit beat looking now... I've already got another cab and a SICK deal on a pile of DOM coming to ger it rebuilt better than before... :D

got lucky:awesomework:

arent you a truck driver? whats up with that sweet over the pintle chain down action? after such a close call would suck to have another. it might be a classic for the axle vs frame chain tie down thread:haha: :haha:

Yup I used to run flatbed. The rear suspension is fawking stuff as all hell so I crank it down into a near locked position and never have it come loose. Once I get the new rear suspension done I'll build some blocks to go between the bumpstops and the axle so its completely locked down. In the front I can get the bumpstops to compress so it never comes loose. :;