• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Oops!

Yup I used to run flatbed. The rear suspension is fawking stuff as all hell so I crank it down into a near locked position and never have it come loose. Once I get the new rear suspension done I'll build some blocks to go between the bumpstops and the axle so its completely locked down. In the front I can get the bumpstops to compress so it never comes loose. :;

yer fawkin crazy says me, aswell as the WSP. :eeek:
if it works for ya, keep on truckin:beer:

Meh, start paying attention to how car haulers tie their cars down... You'll see them both ways. :;

I tie it down with a single chain but two binders up front but you are right the rear needs to have the same treatment. When I rebuild the rig it'll have dual anchors in the rear too. When I get a trailer of my own it'll have anchor points at each corner of the truck with short chains for simple attachment...

bump,
WT i'm glad you two didn't get hurt. where did this happen at. well all things happen for a reson.....

We rolled off of milk creek road after one of the small washouts. Peanut swears I did it on purpose beings she was fighting my want to rebuild the truck... Guess I showed her! :haha:

We are both fine, I'm back here in cali headed home now, she's actually working for a buddy driving dump truck up by Elma this week beings the truck is totaled she didn't stay in the mountains and camp on her week off as planned. :D

Sooo, you were towing it and it came loose??? I thought you were driving the wheeler when you went off---Glad to hear you're both ok....I know those washouts on Milk Creek---didn't think you could drive a truck/trailer thru 'em...

Sooo, you were towing it and it came loose??? I thought you were driving the wheeler when you went off---Glad to hear you're both ok....I know those washouts on Milk Creek---didn't think you could drive a truck/trailer thru 'em...

no im pretty sure he was driving it. not towing the reason the talk about the coming loose from the trailer is because he ties it down form the the frame. not the axle witch some people have there own ways to tie there rig down both methods work if you do it right. i dont care about that just glad no one was seriously injured.

Yes, we were driving the truck when it went off the road. We are very lucky that we are as well off as we are. Everything pretty minor injury wise. My worst was the cervical sprain of my neck and shoulder and I my doc told me this morning that it will be a few weeks before I am back to normal. Everything else has pretty much healed up.

There is no need to rebuild. I seriously believe you could have that **** fixed in a day. Just dont leave sharp tire slashing sheet metal edges.

No joke, fix the broke stuff, lose some sheet metal. That toyota is far from being put to rest.

no im pretty sure he was driving it. not towing the reason the talk about the coming loose from the trailer is because he ties it down form the the frame. not the axle witch some people have there own ways to tie there rig down both methods work if you do it right. i dont care about that just glad no one was seriously injured.

.... Just glad to hear Peanut, and whitetrash are ok.....:awesomework:

Yea it was a ride for sure, we both still have bumps and bruises but we'll live. Thanks for the well wishes.

Robin you need to shoosh... I want to build another truck and your not helping matters one bit! :redneck:

Although I may just end up with a cab swap on this truck. We went to a big wrecking yard the yesterday and they had a completely stripped cab like mine with the roof already cut off and another complete truck with no dash, engine etc etc. I'm waiting till a buddy gets back from racing in the desert to see what they want for them... It might just end up with a cab swap and re-caging as I sure as hell won't truck that cage to survive another roll. It'd handle a flop for sure but I want more protection. :cool:

I'm glad you are both ok. Rolls like that can easily end very badly.

So what are you going to do different on the new truck? Your rig looks pretty stout and well built already.

So I stumbled across another 3rd gen x-cab for $50 today.. It's already sitting on the back of my 68 waiting for me to wash it and cut it apart. I'll just re-do some tubing and lower the suspension a couple inches and run with that.. No new rig for me this time.. Oh well, I want to get back ont he trails more than to build another rig anyway.. :D

That is my biggest hold back from doing any major fabrication. I have seen too many dudes pull their rigs apart and end up being winch bitch for a year or more.