• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Opinions on the 2.7 engine??

RidgelineMotorsports

Been looking at doing a swap with this engine and wondered if anyone else has done it and had some pros and cons. Seems like a pretty sweet 4 banger to run IMO..

Both the 2rz/3rz's are a great motor for those wanting to stick to a toyota 4 cly powerplant...

Never installed one, but as far as maintence/ reliebility. Probally one of the most relieble Toyota engines i've seen.

love mine. i have the auto behind it too. best four ever. turns my 44s just fine. has just enough to get it done but not enough to break ****.

ha and a few hundred bucks the 2rz's are under a thousand all day long unlike a 3rz which is normally 1,000 and up for a complete swap

ha and a few hundred bucks the 2rz's are under a thousand all day long unlike a 3rz which is normally 1,000 and up for a complete swap

Better to find a ragged on Tacoma with a good motor if you wanna do the swap IMO. My buddy picked up a 96 Tacoma with a great running 3RZ for $700 because it'd been tough trucked into the ground.

Thanks for the input, if anyone knows any tricks or places to go for wiring harness work, let me know. I am going to do some more research and figure out what I am going to do.

The 2.7 is the best toyota engine I have ever had!! One turns 47"s in my buggy and is a screamer even in the dunes....the other one turns rockwells and 66"s in my yellow monster tacoma....