• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Oppsy

I wasn't gonna rub that in :fawkdancesmiley:

When's it gonna be wheelable?

Hopefully this weekend if my fawking seats ever get here :mad:

Worked on it some more this evening:

The front coilovers were binding up a little, so I took care of that problem this evening. They are all charged up and ready to go now.

Picture041.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Made a quick tranny mount. This motor/tranny combo wont be in it for very long, so I kept it really simple:

Picture044.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Also got the drivelines finished up. I had to shorten the rear shaft 3"

Picture046.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Both all bolted up and ready to go

Picture052.jpg

Picture053.jpg

The marathon work sessions really took a toll on the garage, so spent the last part of the night cleaning it up.

Picture054.jpg

All I have left is the rear winch, plumb the brakes, bolt check, mount the seats, few pieces of tube, bleeding the steering, body work, and some more grinding. Hopefully I can get it all finished up this week.

Last edited:
Not a lot of visual progress but I did get the brakes finished up, all the bolts tightend up,wiring ran for the rear winch and clean it up. My seats should finally be here tomorrow :awesomework:

Picture055.jpg

:cheer: :cheer: My seats finally came in:cheer: :cheer:

007-5.jpg

Almost done mounting them up. Need to make some tabs and they should be done.

003-5.jpg

Also got the rear winch mounted and wired up:

009-4.jpg

Should be finishing up this round next weekend just in time for the long weekend. :redneck:

Started tearing the motor and t-cases out lastnight in anticipation of pickng up the new power plant and tranny this weekend :cheer:

Wiring is out:

004-5.jpg

Disassemblied some of the other stuff:

005-5.jpg

001-5.jpg

Another hour or so and the old motor will be out and waiting on a buyer :awesomework:

Since I fully fawked up Dave's buggy on the last course at Goldendale on Saturday I drove home early Sunday and spent the day working on my junk.

Picked up the new power plant:
030.jpg

Hmm dont fit:
014-3.jpg

Still not there:
015-2.jpg

This should be big enough:
029.jpg

020-2.jpg

I ended up sliding the whole belly pan 10" forward so I could move the motor a bit closer to front of the rig then in the above picture

021.jpg

024.jpg

022-1.jpg

Now I need to re-do the shock towers, re-mount the belly pan so I can get the motor in it final spot.

Little more done to it tonight.

Got the motor close to its final resting spot. Need to pick up some bushings to make the motor mounts:

013-4.jpg

012-4.jpg

011-6.jpg

Your going to miss that.

I need a windshield, cowl, floor before I wheel my POS again.

Ah if worse comes to worse I with go with a lexan windshield. The heater hasn't worked in a few years so I wont miss that to much. It will be cold and wet in the winter, but I always seemed to be cold and wet before.

Looks like its coming together andy. Nice to see you yesterday, sorry to run off, we were on the way to dinner and running late. Did you cut the cab up after I talked to you? Now its a real buggy no more truggy woes. Keep it up and we can go wheelin soon. I am organizing the shed today so I can get to work wrapping up the runner.

Looks like its coming together andy. Nice to see you yesterday, sorry to run off, we were on the way to dinner and running late. Did you cut the cab up after I talked to you? Now its a real buggy no more truggy woes. Keep it up and we can go wheelin soon. I am organizing the shed today so I can get to work wrapping up the runner.

Good to see you as well :beer:

I cut the rest of the cab off lastnight after I talked to you. I hope to have it up and running by the end of June, but we will see how well it all starts coming together.

Cut some more stuff off it lastnight.

001-6.jpg

Then loaded it up so I could bring it home and do a few days of grinding on it :mad:

003-7.jpg

Still haven't decided if I want to just the cut the rest off and narrow it some more and start fresh with some 1.5" :eeek: