• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Oppsy

so what was your biggest complaint with the 1/4's?... i have some that will be going on my rig next year... just deciding fixed mount or hinged...

looking great! keep the pictures coming! :corn: :cool:

rooinater said:
so what was your biggest complaint with the 1/4's?... i have some that will be going on my rig next year... just deciding fixed mount or hinged...

You mean hinged at the frame side?

rooinater said:

They actually worked pretty good, but I wanted a little better ride and something that didn't feel like it was going to fling the ass end off the hill on down hills.

Are you talking about fixed mounted or hinged on the frame end? They are flexy enough with out adding a hing at the frame.

AMJ said:
I have the shorty toy tranny and with 16's upfront the driveline wouldn't have enough working motion. :;

I might point out that with links the drive shaft doesn't need alot of slip...... and the toy yokes on mine offer enough range of motion.... Just my $.02 usd

Trailtoy1993 said:
I might point out that with links the drive shaft doesn't need alot of slip...... and the toy yokes on mine offer enough range of motion.... Just my $.02 usd

With my short tranny i dont have a lot of down travel left before I get into a binding situation with how my t-case is clocked.

Even when I lower the ride height down a bit I want to clock the t-case up a little more so I will be in the same situation.

TTF Fabrication said:
can you show a close up pic of how you mounted the 1/4's to the frame?

Here are a couple of photos:

quarters005.jpg

quarters007.jpg

crash said:
You mean hinged at the frame side?

yeah, that's what i meant. i was just looking at one on the marlin board that was being hinged at the frame. i was originally looking at hard mounting them though. and possibly using a small winch on the center of the diff to keep the rear from unloading on downhills.

nice rig though any action shots, from before... to compare it to the after...

Last edited:
yeah, that's what i meant. i was just looking at one on the marlin board that was being hinged at the frame. i was originally looking at hard mounting them though. and possibly using a small winch on the center of the diff to keep the rear from unloading on downhills.

nice rig though any action shots, from before... to compare it to the after...

I wouldn't bother making the frame end hinged. I had more then enough flex with the fixed end on the frame. I wish I had some pictures of it going through the Can Opener at Funny Rocks because you could really see the ass end flexed out and I usually went right through there.

But here a couple of pictures
P1010083.jpg

P1010087.jpg

20.jpg

14.jpg

I wanted to get all the grinding done today but I didn't get started until 7pm tonight so I will tackle all that tomorrow. Since it was so late I and needed to keep the noise down a bit I worked on getting the suspension setup started.

Well after a lot of head scratching and cutting a bit more stuff off I was able to get the axles where I want them.

Front full stuff:

009-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

Pretty damn tight up by the pan:

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

Got the 300 clocked up flat. It was sitting about 3" below the frame rails:

002-1.jpg

Crash you got lucky, it definitly looks like they get to stay, but it is pretty damn close :haha:

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow night I can get everything ground down and cleaned up. Shaffers should have my link brackets, heims and other misc stuff to me by Wednesday, which will give me plenty of time to clean everything up and get the truss made for the front axle.

I am hoping to get all the suspension stuff done while the wife is out of town working this week :awesomework: .

Bit more done today:

Patched up the hole from the old crossmember

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Got all the holes drilled for the belly pan and sleeved:

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

Pulled the rear end out and spent 5 minutes cutting off the old link mounts.

009-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

And an hour+ with the grinder :mad:

004-4.jpg

Moved the axle back home and setup a shock so I could start getting some ideas where to mount it

008-4.jpg

Looks like all my other parts will be here before the end of the week. :bananadance:

Tomorrow I have to get my forearm cut into so them can remove a cyst.:booo: Hopefuly it doesnt hold me back from getting some more work done on it tomorrow night :booo:

The pics don't look right without an old lawn mower in the background. :kissmyass:

Where is it? :redneck:

sweeeet.:cool: looking forward to the newly worked rig. your avatar is interesting... mainly because my roomate in the dorms at seattle u pisses in the sink every morning. he thinks i'm asleep or something. i get angry just pondering it.:mad: