• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ori struts

rockmike

What do you guys know about these struts?

Im concidering selling my coilovers and going this route.

It would be nice to chat with some folks that have had first hand experiance with them.:corn:

Not too many people have them but from what I have heard they are awesome.

Ya they almost sound to good to be true lol

This bbs has alot of badass builds and peeps that compete,was hoping to get some more info and experiances with them.

Its just that im at the stage of build where I need to get some bump stops and some limiting straps kinda figured out.I also understand I should run a anti rock type sway bar in back.When I add this all up($$$)it ends up beeing about the same money,plus i dont have to do all that fab work for the bump cans,strap mounts,sway bar mounts and pull my hair out trying to fit the stuff.

The 4 month waite for the ORI's wont hurt me,just ,means I dont have to hurry cause Ill be waiting for the ORI's anyway ya know.

:corn:

I dont think I have seen any of then on this forum but post up on ppb and see what they say.. I see a few guys using them on there.:awesomework:

P.S. Please PM me if you want to sell you COs fast assuming they are 14" and 16". :hi:

I have a set of st16's on my buggy and love them, I have run them at koh (80mph)at speed to running local trails and frs roads. I have never ran anything else as I am fairly new to the sport, but do wheel every weekend. there in my avatar

I have a set of st16's on my buggy and love them, I have run them at koh (80mph)at speed to running local trails and frs roads. I have never ran anything else as I am fairly new to the sport, but do wheel every weekend. there in my avatar

Do you feel like they have eliminated the need for a sway bar?

I dont think I have seen any of then on this forum but post up on ppb and see what they say.. I see a few guys using them on there.:awesomework:

P.S. Please PM me if you want to sell you COs fast assuming they are 14" and 16". :hi:

They are 16" travel all 4 250lb 125lb coils.I was just going to limit strap the front s and bump stop them correct,then later when I go full hydro(maybe) I could unleash them and let the fronts stretch out.

All i know is they are BIG. Make sure you have room to package em.

I was told the (st's) bodies are 3 1/8" diam wich is a sqeek under the diam of my Rancho c.o.'s springs that Ive fit in there so i should be good to go.The problem is my front lower shock mounts.
t-casebucket523.jpg

the opening I built in that is only 1.1" wide and the ORI's require 1.6" opening.Ill just have to skinny wheel out some more room and use a ball end deburring tool to hog out the pocket in there.unless you guys got a better idea?

They also want my full compression eye to eye length to be 22 1/2" and im 23 1/4" right now.That will be easy enough to change.

Thanks for the post Bunk,good looking out Man:awesomework:

They also want my full compression eye to eye length to be 22 1/2" and im 23 1/4" right now.That will be easy enough to change.
:

The 1 1/4" they want different is the amount that would be used up by welding new mounts onto the top of the old perches making you compressed height shorter fitting the new shock and avoiding a bunch of cutting/grinding.

I would rather fab and weld than cut and grind that much steel out of those old mounts.:awesomework:

I like that idea chopshop.I hear ya man im not wanting to go in there and cut and grind.It will bring the suck!!

Ill have to ponder on that idea,just not sure how I could pull it off and not have it look like ****...it must be cool lol ya know.

It is a great idea though thankyou for the post.:beer::beer: