• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Outlet Mall Trail??

Drcoop

Ive been reading alot of stuff lately on the "Outlet Mall" trail. Im assuming its up by Goldbar somewhere. Im from Yakima and have no idea where this trail is?? Not to mention the trail looks absolutly awsome!! and i dont mind body damage, you dont build them to look at them.. If anyone has some directions to this place that would be awsome!

Thanks Guys

Hook up with some of the guys here that have been running the trail, they can show you where it's at.

I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but you may find it difficult to get directions. This trail is/was built primarily by buggy rigs to be a particularly tough loop. You're a full bodied, really wide axle'd rig. You'll have a bastard time getting thru. Yeah, you probably could. But it'd take a wicked long time (or at least that'd be the perception) and you'd slow them wayyy down. If you've read several of the threads here, you'll find that there seems to be no mercy towards rescues inside the corridor. Ergo, if you do find it, and really get fawked inside the trail, you'll have a hard time getting back out. I may run it in the summer when it's a lot easier, but even then, I'll make sure that the better equipped rigs don't end up getting jammed in behind me. And I'll have a couple other rigs equal to mine to help me out, and vice-versa.

edit.. just read your build thread. It's a nice rig. But the doors, roof, and a lot of your hard work could easily be destroyed.. I'm not sure if it's an optical delusion with the dovetailed bed that the axles are really wide, or if they are indeed really wide, but you've got an awful lot to risk.

Obviously it's your call and none of my business. But I do think you may have a hard time finding a trail guide.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but you may find it difficult to get directions. This trail is/was built primarily by buggy rigs to be a particularly tough loop. You're a full bodied, really wide axle'd rig. You'll have a bastard time getting thru. Yeah, you probably could. But it'd take a wicked long time (or at least that'd be the perception) and you'd slow them wayyy down. If you've read several of the threads here, you'll find that there seems to be no mercy towards rescues inside the corridor. Ergo, if you do find it, and really get fawked inside the trail, you'll have a hard time getting back out. I may run it in the summer when it's a lot easier, but even then, I'll make sure that the better equipped rigs don't end up getting jammed in behind me. And I'll have a couple other rigs equal to mine to help me out, and vice-versa.

Understandable... Of course I plan on bring a rig as capable if not more capable than mine along for the ride.. It just looks so tempting. At the same time I dont wana cause a trafffic jam.. :booo:

At the same time I dont wana cause a trafffic jam.. :booo:

I have spoken with a few who have been on the trail(well built rigs)--causing a traffic jamb isn't going to be much of an issue as the trail is VERY slow going for anybody.....

Well Im convinced I gotta try this one... I know its gona be a test.. but ya gotta at least try

I would wait though till mid summer. Let things dry out and let the tail get broken in a lil.....

I think for those who have ran the crushers--this is 10 fold harder...

ive been waiting for people with lesser built rigs to feel it necessary to take their rigs out, stroke their ego and attempt to conquer it right away...

i say leave that trail to those who built it for a while. theres a reason they dont answer anyone's question on its location. its wet and brutal... you see the buggies flopping? what do you think your tall ass toyota is going to do?? they have the most capable, stable rigs that you could want. do you think leafsprings will help that situation? yes you have a very nice rig, but i say at least wait a bit. have you even run reiter and many of the other challenging trails it has to offer?? this will probably encourage you only more, though. i'm not knocking you, i say just give it time, and let the trail get broken in, and dried out.:D

I want it to be known especially DrCoop the outlet mall is not the only fun and challengin trail at reiter trails!!!!:redneck: Sure it gives the full tilt buggy guys a run for there money!!!! :cool: But for guys on leafs there are plenty of trails that are challenging, fun,:beer: and garunteed to get body damage(most likely)!!!!!! :masturbanana[1]: So I think you should just come out to Reiter Trails, run what ya brung and ride along with some guys on the mroe popular trails first before you even attemp something like that!!!!:;

Again not knocking just a word of thought:awesomework:

I want it to be known especially DrCoop the outlet mall is not the only fun and challengin trail at reiter trails!!!!:redneck: Sure it gives the full tilt buggy guys a run for there money!!!! :cool: But for guys on leafs there are plenty of trails that are challenging, fun,:beer: and garunteed to get body damage(most likely)!!!!!! :masturbanana[1]: So I think you should just come out to Reiter Trails, run what ya brung and ride along with some guys on the mroe popular trails first before you even attemp something like that!!!!:;

Again not knocking just a word of thought:awesomework:

X2 .. there are tons of cool trails worth coming to see.. if you wait till summer I bet the outlet trail will be a little more friendly.

Isn't Big Marks rig leaf sprung?
Seeing those pics in the other thread was enough to make me think "hmm, so it is possible without linkys..."

Ok nevermind just saw the rest of the pics, that ones gonna wait until I'm a buggy dude:cool:

Last edited:
Ya Ive never even been out that direction.. And would have no clue were to go.. I'm still new to this Ill be the first to admitt. Last year I hit about every trail and rock quary Rimrock and Little naches has to offer with pretty much ease.. This one just looks like the next step in difficulty.. :cool:

Ya Ive never even been out that direction.. And would have no clue were to go.. I'm still new to this Ill be the first to admitt. Last year I hit about every trail and rock quary Rimrock and Little naches has to offer with pretty much ease.. This one just looks like the next step in difficulty.. :cool:

Wow...with ease huh? Trails are not the same as lines through.:;

I think you should drive up to reiter road, start heading towards the powerlines, take a right at the trail junction, drive up the mountain (3 or 4 switch backs) and look for the trail head on your left.

:beer:

Thing with this trail is.......We don't talk it up like it's the best thing since sliced bread just to try and scare people away or convince them that they can't handle it. It just needs to be known that a guy could very easily get in over his head and be in big trouble. A badly broken rig would be very tough to extract depending on where or it may not come out at all......People just need to know what their up against.

Thing with this trail is.......We don't talk it up like it's the best thing since sliced bread just to try and scare people away or convince them that they can't handle it. It just needs to be known that a guy could very easily get in over his head and be in big trouble. A badly broken rig would be very tough to extract depending on where or it may not come out at all......People just need to know what their up against.

Should be made the gospel of that trail......

And jeepmauler had also stated that the trail is the least path of resistance--so if you get into trouble on the trail--you might be in some trouble.......