• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Outlet Mall Trail??

Porter was chatting with me about his trip out there and mentioned the lack of winch line anchors. Made me think of this: http://www.pullpal.com/

With all the dirt to rock transitions, there must be areas where the PullPal would work......if need be.

I'll just wiggle my ass to get unstuck.......but most can't to that, so.......:fawkdancesmiley:

Biggest winch issue in my opinion is if someone rolls you may not be able to get around beside to winch him back up. If a guy had a good power inverter he could roto hammer in winch points to the rock in a couple strategic locations. This and a snatch block would be the trick.
I may do this in the future...........

Porter was chatting with me about his trip out there and mentioned the lack of winch line anchors. Made me think of this: http://www.pullpal.com/

With all the dirt to rock transitions, there must be areas where the PullPal would work......if need be.

I'll just wiggle my ass to get unstuck.......but most can't to that, so.......:fawkdancesmiley:

just do what Moab does roto hammer some holes in a few rock's and make anchor point's

Last edited:
Biggest winch issue in my opinion is if someone rolls you may not be able to get around beside to winch him back up. If a guy had a good power inverter he could roto hammer in winch points to the rock in a couple strategic locations. This and a snatch block would be the trick.
I may do this in the future...........

oop's I guess I should read more before I post my 2 cent's huh.But good idea anyhoo

As long as you have a 10' to 20' strap and a snatchblock you'd be fine.You need to be able to recover a Broke/flopped rig from behind as getting by someone disabled in the "trail" (in most sections) would be extremely difficult.In "most" spots you could get "turned around" (PITA!)to recover from the front.

DrCoop has a nice truck that can handle alot. If you guys urge him not to what are you guys running on the trail for rigs that sound so dominating but still have breakage? I am just curious what you need to run over there.

DrCoop has a nice truck that can handle alot. If you guys urge him not to what are you guys running on the trail for rigs that sound so dominating but still have breakage? I am just curious what you need to run over there.

I don't know what he drives but if there is any "salvagable" sheet metal involved it would not be a good idea.
Something I like about this trail is how it's set up. It doesn't really favor one kind of rig specifically. There is off camber that is going to be a problem for higher rigs and then ground clearance is a problem if you are too low etc...

...............then there's "Binders Ledge" towards the end:eeek: .I think I'll sgueeze by,Toybug should be fine, small and low are the key.....but we shall see:awesomework:

There are many other trails over in Reiter that a full bodied or even partially bodied rig can run... However by the sounds of the outlet mall it isn't full body rig friendly and isn't to nice to the well equipped rig either. I'm sure I'll stick my nose in there at some point but I've got more work I'd like to do/have done to my rig first.

For the record the guys are not saying don't run it but--be prepaired for what might happen.. My rig is well built but I still will steer clear of this trail for now....

And for the record these guys put alot of work into this trail--for one reason #1 hardnes and #2 there aint no making bypass's on it/ruining the trail...

For the record the guys are not saying don't run it but--be prepaired for what might happen.. My rig is well built but I still will steer clear of this trail for now....

And for the record these guys put alot of work into this trail--for one reason #1 hardnes and #2 there aint no making bypass's on it/ruining the trail...

you figured out if you are going out on Sunday for a bit yet or not?

Like I said before Im pretty new to this game.. And I've definetly learned to trust the guys who have been there and done that.. I still gotta try, :awesomework: but maybe in the summer when its dry and worn in a litttle better..??

you figured out if you are going out on Sunday for a bit yet or not?

I dunno yet

Like I said before Im pretty new to this game.. And I've definetly learned to trust the guys who have been there and done that.. I still gotta try, :awesomework: but maybe in the summer when its dry and worn in a litttle better..??

Just make sure to hook up with one of us guys who knows the area pretty well so your not heading into anything blind so to speak :awesomework:

Werd my skinny brotha. For those that venture in make sure you take in someone thats got your back, for if you shall break deep in the trail you better be able to fix it, or your rig may become part of the obsticle. And another thing should be said that if you even comtemplate trying to go around an obsticle you have no business going in in the first place. Body damage is mandatory as it WILL happen(See pics of my drivers side skin in other thread). So again if you choose to run it respect the trail and run it as it has been layed out. Have fun.:;

Last edited: