• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ouverson Dana 60 ujoints?

onepieceatatime said:
I have Yukon shafts and solid Spicer joints. Didn't realize I needed Yukon joints for the warranty on the shafts?

If a non Yukon joint breaks and destroys their shafts in the process it's not their fault. If the shaft itself breaks I don't see why they wouldn't warranty it.

Re: Re: Re: Ouverson Dana 60 ujoints?

85toyo said:
If a non Yukon joint breaks and destroys their shafts in the process it's not their fault. If the shaft itself breaks I don't see why they wouldn't warranty it.
From Yukon:
One time no questions asked warranty.
After that it's at their discretion.
10 year limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.
They did not stipulate any specific joint needing to be used. I was even told to just run the spl55-3x joint, evenas after showing them my last break.
The joint took out the custom length inner and twisted the 4340 stub.

Re: Re: Re: Ouverson Dana 60 ujoints?

Rokcrler said:
From Yukon:
One time no questions asked warranty.
After that it's at their discretion.
10 year limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.
They did not stipulate any specific joint needing to be used. I was even told to just run the spl55-3x joint, evenas after showing them my last break.
The joint took out the custom length inner and twisted the 4340 stub.

I have always heard you have to run all Yukon stuff but that's good to know. I think someone even mentioned using Yukon drive flanges when this topic was discussed recently.

I just spoke to ECGS about this yesterday. If you run their joint it is lifetime. If you don't it is 10 years. I don't know if that is an ECGS policy or a Yukon policy.