• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pacific Northwest Off-Road Racing Series

$150 PER race.

Sounds ambitious, more power to him but I think at $150 per race (which I know is cheap per real race standards) he's going to have a hard time bulling a huge racing crowd. But I could be wrong, there could be a huge pre-runner/short track crowd we just never see.

Definitely the most I will have ever paid to do an event to date. I plan on going to watch the first one and if it looks like fun buy the extra needed safety gear and give it a shot.

Seems pretty open ended on the tech rules for U4 and he even has a "tuff truck" class in the rules book but not in the class section. Good to see he's recognizeing the classes but obviously doesn't know muck about them. Very specific tech rules for traditional short course and desert rigs.

About the only specific tech requirement I saw that many casual folks might not have is he widow nets, but easy to add to a buggy (little harder for my pos. maybe it's time to put doors back on).

A little expensive but sounds like you get 2 8 lap heat races and a 15 to 20 lap main. Sounds like the track is around the outside of the mx track then leaves that area for a little bit then comes back. If that makes any sense. Not real familiar with that part of the orv area. I am thinking about running but don't want to be the only one racing.

This is going to be short course only, no extra obstacles for 4x4 or ultra4 class. Hopefully the course has good jumps and speed. Might have to find some 35 or 37s.

I believe the $150 covers you and your pit crew "however many will fit in your truck"

I was out there today working on the track with dobber and toyota_corey. it is going to be a lot of fun. the wording in the tech rules and class rules is a bit vague because it is not yet known exactly what kind of rigs will actually show up.

this will be a short course style event but will still be a blast in an ultra 4 or tough truck or even a pnw race jeep.

Helped with the track set up a little, should be fun and something different, and to the guy that asked about the jumps there not to big, just enough to kick Ya up a bit and a table top, so it's friendly to everyone for the first race, I'll be out there in the normal rock crawler

Attachments

• IMG_20141118_075328.jpg
    IMG_20141118_075328.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_20141118_075211.jpg
    IMG_20141118_075211.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_20141118_075306.jpg
    IMG_20141118_075306.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_20141118_075142.jpg
    IMG_20141118_075142.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 302
Figures I would have something going on that day, can't even do a "check it out" visit. Does look like fun, only thing that scares me away is the price tag. Any talk with the promoter above that? Especially for "casual" racers?

No idea on top speeds. I know doing best in the west i put a gps in one race and got 35 but thats in tight trails. This is alot more open so id guess 40-60, maybe higher on big hp rigs. Traffic on the course could chage things to though. I did not ask about the price. Curious to see what the turnout is like with that fee. If not many rigs show up ill be sure to tell them its probably the price .

How was it? Did anyone make it?

Does it look like it has promise or not going to last? Worth planning on attending the next one?

it was a blast! it is very worth attending if you like to drive fast. not a crawling event in any way. i think it definately has promise.
the only down fall this time was the rain. it was a high speed short course race but by the end of the day there was 4-10 inches of standing mud everywhere.

the jumps are not so big as to break everybody. there is a lot of haul ass and get sideways!

almost forgot, 50% of the entry fees get paid out as prize money.

Last edited:
I made it out to watch. It was damn sloppy out there.
Pretty badass though! Good Job to everyone that raced.
I really want to try and make it out to race the January event.

I will try and get some videos up that I took.
cheers
Edited for dumb-ass-ed-ness on dates

Last edited: